Anyone know of a free program like ACID or Fruity Loops?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power

Well It's no longer fruity loops, it's now only know as FL studio (guess people thought the name sucked? I like it )

Just get it by non-legal means. as long as your not producing and just messing around it's fine
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Just get it by non-legal means. as long as your not producing and just messing around it's fine

Tell me, how is this possible?
I'm FAT!
Quote by danyellenik
Well It's no longer fruity loops, it's now only know as FL studio (guess people thought the name sucked? I like it )

I'd rather not if there is a free one to be had...
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Acid Xpress is free, but pretty limited. Reaper has can do that sort of thing to a degree, but not like Acid.

loop based music is for hacks.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
fruity loops FTW
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Fruity Loops is a nice program, but I don't think that's the kind of thing this guy is looking for TBH, considering that it's nothing like Acid or any simmilar programs in terms of use.

Last.fm
Quote by soul_power

are you looking to record, TS?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
are you looking to record, TS?

Nope, I actually have reaper. I just want to try making some chill "house" music.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
Nope, I actually have reaper. I just want to try making some chill "house" music.

You can do that in Reaper, it has a pretty good sampler and MIDI sequencer built in, and it can use VSTis

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
You can do that in Reaper, it has a pretty good sampler and MIDI sequencer built in, and it can use VSTis

Any idea where I could find a tutorial or something?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
Any idea where I could find a tutorial or something?

try KVRAudio, generally a much better site to ask about this sort of thing, they also have a huge databse listing pretty much every VST known to man (including a crap ton of free ones.

Last.fm
Quote by soul_power

well then id go w/ fruity loops. or FL STUIDO, w/e the hell its called. its really good for that kind of stuff.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz