is it alot of work? ive seen some good pickups on ebay go for pretty cheap only because the wire is short and i was wondering if i should go through the trouble of fixing it myself or just get one with good sized wire already.
It's a royal pain in the ass to replace them. Pickups are basically ruined i the wire has been torn or cut too short or whatever. Now if it's just too short to reach the rest of the stuff on your guitar, all you have to do is a solder job.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
depends on how much wire is left, at least two inches and i'd go for it, less maby but no less than 1/2 an inch

and when soldering 2 wires together be sure their is good contact between the wires, the solder is there to hold it together not bridge the gap
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Feb 23, 2009,
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Now if it's just too short to reach the rest of the stuff on your guitar, all you have to do is a solder job.

were would i get the wire?

Quote by justinb904
and when soldering 2 wires together be sure their is good contact between the wires, the solder is there to hold it together not bridge the gap

ahhhh thanks, i might have to rewire some stuff then
Is it not just regular shielded 24 guage wire?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel