Sorry i just made this thread for the sleep fans and just wanted to get responses on anything thanks.

Sleep is my all time favourite band, can not go wrong with any of there music. I started getting into them a while back but to bad they all spilt.. Good news is that they are reuniting at Butlins holiday resort in Minehead Friday 8th to Sunday 10th May 2009 in i think UK. It really made me mad that they can't go on tour or anything like a north american tour, that would be great, but whatever, if someone gets it on tape ill have to buy it aha.
Step Up To The Line.

http:// FOR SOME HEAVYMETAL
I really got into them after hearing them on the Gummo soundtrack, what a way to be introduced to a band huh? haha
That's great news about the reunion, maybe this will lead to more stuff in the future.
There wasn't another thread?

In any case...

I spout this band constantly. I don't know why the wimps around here into **** like Electric Wizard don't pick up on them. Killer band.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I'd kill to get to one of their reunion shows. Why the hell are they going to the UK when they could be playing in their homeland?
Ive never gotten into them yet surpirsingly never listened to em. Im a huge fan of High On Fire and Om too. Ill go check em out for reals now.
Commando of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join maggot!

I
Amazing band, one of my favorites in the genre.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Great band, dopesmoker is a wall of continuous awesome.

Great bass in everything they do, Om is also crazy good to ... i could listen to conference of the birds forever ^ ^.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Quote by nebiru
The I don't know why the wimps around here into **** like Electric Wizard don't pick up on them.

ahem.

but i prefer the wizard...personally.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Holy Mountain is one of the greatest stoner metal albums ever created and Dopesmoker is just totally insane. Gotta love them.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by nebiru
There wasn't another thread?

In any case...

I spout this band constantly. I don't know why the wimps around here into **** like Electric Wizard don't pick up on them. Killer band.

I like both.

I got Holy mountain awhile back and it's an amazing CD. I have to get around to buying dopesmoker sometime.
i just ordered holy mountain from hmv, does anyone know if they have any merch??
Step Up To The Line.

Merch as in shirts? Order them from allthatisheavy.com
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
Merch as in shirts? Order them from allthatisheavy.com

Thanks a lot man, I've been trying to find there merchandise for a long time aha.
Step Up To The Line.

Butlins?

Pretty odd...
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
meh, dont like this band much...

I dont even like Electric Wizard too much either...
Quote by tehmetulz
meh, dont like this band much...

I dont even like Electric Wizard too much either...

Sucks to be you?

Either way, Sleep is undeniably win, even if they rip off Iommi a bit too much sometimes

****ing Vol. 1 is a great album, as is Holy Mountain.

Too bad they aren't doing a reunion stateside
HoF > Om > Sleep, IMO.

No doubt a pioneering band, though. Mastodon ripped so much off of Holy Mountain, too.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
BUMP.

I've been enjoying Sleep's Holy Mountain a lot lately.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Quote by dead-fish
HoF > Om > Sleep, IMO.

No doubt a pioneering band, though. Mastodon ripped so much off of Holy Mountain, too.
I'm gonna have to disagree and say Sleep > HoF > Om.

That's the order of frequency which I listen to them anyway...
Quote by dead-fish
Mastodon ripped so much off of Holy Mountain, too.

Too many people ripped off Holy Mountain.
Quote by Psychopathology
Too many people ripped off Holy Mountain.
Or got ripped off Holy Mountain

(get it?)
Quote by dead-fish
HoF > Om > Sleep, IMO.

I might have to agree with this.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Eh, I like Sleep a bit better than HoF, it's hard to decide between Sleep and Om though.

Anyway, they all kick ass. Holy Mountain is just soooo gooood.

...would you love me?
For a long time I also was more of an EW fan, but Holy Mountain became better with every listen. I think what put me off in the first place was the slightly cheap production and the vocals.

Dopesmoker is a complete mindfuck. Shame I didn't listen to that album back when I used to be a stoner...
But now that I've gotten used to meditative and long albums/songs, I can pretty much appreciate it anyway.

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree
For a long time I also was more of an EW fan, but Holy Mountain became better with every listen. I think what put me off in the first place was the slightly cheap production and the vocals.

You know that Holy Mountain was a demo quality recording, right?
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Holy Mountain on vinyl with a bong in hand is quite the experience. Though i must say Volume one is wayyyyy underrated.Dopesmoker is great as well. I think Sleep destroys all it's spin off bands.They are the essential stoner doom band.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Riffmast
Holy Mountain on vinyl with a bong in hand is quite the experience. Though i must say Volume one is wayyyyy underrated.Dopesmoker is great as well. I think Sleep destroys all it's spin off bands.They are the essential stoner doom band.

Pretty much anyone that says Sleep had a lot to do with the direction of stoner doom is pretty spot on. Im a big fan of Electric Wizard, but in no way do they trump Sleep.

Jerusalem is an awesome album. One of my favorites for sure. Holy Mountain as well obviously. They havent put anything out i dont like. It's hard for me to sit and say that about a lot of bands i like. example would be mastodon. i like all their stuff, but blood mountain just doesnt sit well with me. i cant listen to the whole thing and feel satisfied with that purchase.

What it comes down to, every element of Sleep is good. Pike is an awesome guitar player. Its obvious he has an understanding of what he is doing to the point to keep you listening. Same goes for Al and Chris.

Someone said Pike ripped off Iommi too much. I can see where you get that, but what bands dont have a heavy influence coming from some where? he didn't take any sabbtah riffs and use them as his own. it just has that over all feel, but in a pike way. not all over his dick, just giving my 2 cents.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by Crohny
Someone said Pike ripped off Iommi too much. I can see where you get that, but what bands dont have a heavy influence coming from some where? he didn't take any sabbtah riffs and use them as his own. it just has that over all feel, but in a pike way. not all over his dick, just giving my 2 cents.

People say that about every early stoner metal band.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by sg_man08
You know that Holy Mountain was a demo quality recording, right?

No. Well, then forget the "slighty". It does sound cheap.
Albeit it sounds good for a demo, at least you can hear everything that's going on.

...would you love me?
The album wasn't demo quality, it was recorded in a studio, self-financed by the band. They used the album as a demo to Earache who then signed them and released the album.
Well, whatever, I still think it could be remastered to make it heavier.
But as long as the production isn't really horrible, I'm content with it.

...would you love me?