Today I got a magical cube shape package delivered to my door...

What ever could it be...

But of course! It's the calibrated set of Bareknuckle Nailbombs I ordered from Axe Palace!

Awesomeness

Pickups came with a limited warranty card, a wiring diagram, a pick, an unexpected set of Rotosounds which is pretty cool since I've been wanting to try them out for some time.

Alright time to put these bad boys into my NiteFly. First I just have to make sense of all of this...

A little bit of time and a broken Sperzel later (*sigh*), and my metal machine is ready to go. Voila!

Before I start talking about the pickups, I first want to mention how great it was to business with Nick from Axe Palace. Very helpful when I was choosing what pickups to go with and always kept me informed on what was happening with my pickups. Some of you may have noticed I had to wait a while to get the pickups, but that was because BK themselves was backed because of a holiday rush. As soon as Nick got them he shipped them out and I got them a couple days later. You can find him on SS.org or at http://www.axepalace.com/ .

Anyway onto the pickups. Personally, I think they live up to the hype. Incredibly articulate and huge sounding. They have a lot of cut, but without being overly trebly and "head-cutting." I wanted a pickup that could do metal, but weren't stupidly high output and these work perfectly. They can do full-on metal, but clean up very well. The cleans are probably what I'm most surprised about right now. They sound full of life that I'm blown away. I was most concerned about the pickup being able to the growl I was after (which it does) but the cleans are so nice, I've been noodling away with them mostly. Combined with the piezo on my Parker, it's .

These pickups make my Kramer Pacer with a Seymour Duncan SH-10 sound absolutely dead and lame.

I still think the price is high, but for the variety of tones you get I think it's justifiable. I wanted to make sure that my NiteFly was an all out tone monster, and I believe that it's just that now thanks to the Nailbombs.

Sorry no clips at the moment (and probably not for awhile).

I'm hooked and couldn't be happier.
Quote by neverspoiled
do parker guitars actually sound good?
They look dumb as crap

yeah, thats whay people are willing to pay alot for them
they sound/play extremely good
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by mcrfobtai
Very nice. How big is the difference?

I think it's pretty huge. It's already put my Pacer to shame so I'm curious to see how it will compare when I have it side by side with friends Ibanez S2170 with Evos this weekend.
I debated getting BK pickups but I didn't think they could do metal very well either,
Do they really get that bassy chug-chug well?
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by Faux~Affliction
I debated getting BK pickups but I didn't think they could do metal very well either,
Do they really get that bassy chug-chug well?

Metal is what they do best. Look what they did to this (poor) tele... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCK7oHgmv7M

EDIT: I didn't bother gushing about their metal capabilities, because I figured everyones heard all about that a million times. No matter the type of metal you do, BKs got a pickup that will handle it.
Last edited by T!AN at Feb 23, 2009,
Wow, that is a cool looking box. Happy npd!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by T!AN
Metal is what they do best. Look what they did to this (poor) tele... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCK7oHgmv7M

EDIT: I didn't bother gushing about their metal capabilities, because I figured everyones heard all about that a million times. No matter the type of metal you do, BKs got a pickup that will handle it.

WOW, yeah just watching Nolly's videos makes me want to buy some HAHA.
I'll definitely check 'em out when I buy a new guitar.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by neverspoiled
do parker guitars actually sound good?
They look dumb as crap

Ignorant much?

BK's own for metal, good buy. How did you break your tuner?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
Ignorant much?

BK's own for metal, good buy. How did you break your tuner?

No idea, I just went to tighten the string and it wouldn't budge. After a bit of googling I found out some other people have had the same issue with the same part of the tuner. It'll just luck up and refuse to screw in correctly. Luckily it shouldn't be too expensive to fix. I may even be able to get the replacement directly from Sperzel.
Any idea what combo of bare knuckles I should get to have a hot out put like the JB?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
^ The Holydiver is what you're after. There are pickups with much higher output if that's what you're interested in mainly, but the Holydiver is Bareknuckle's version of the JB.
Do you think a holy diver and a black dog (bridge and neck respectfully) would be a nice combo?

I'd like to have a useable and nice clean sound in the bridge, but retain the ability to overdrive my tubes nice and easy while keeping my midrange.

And for the neck I want something that can do soft sad blues to screaming angry blues and nipping on the heels of heavy rock WHILE still being able to do a beautiful fat and speedy solo with tons of overdrive.

Sorry to ask so much =\ any reply is greatly appreciated.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
You seem to have a really good idea of the tones you're after so I recommend you talk to Nick from Axe Palace here sales@axepalace.com, because he's actually played most of what Bareknuckles has to offer.

Or you could talk to Tim, the guy that makes the pickups, by emailing Bareknuckles directly.
Lol I multi-task, I sent them an email the same time I posted this and another message to a user on youtube who had a black dog in the neck and bridge of a les paul.

Thanks though!
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
Lol I multi-task, I sent them an email the same time I posted this and another message to a user on youtube who had a black dog in the neck and bridge of a les paul.

Thanks though!

Good luck, barenknuckles are amazing!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
...i really wanna get bare knuckle pick ups.

But, honestly, it's between a set of Mule's or a blackheart handsome devil amp. And My current amp is a roland cube 20x...what would you pick?
Do my eyes decieve me?! Someone posting well-taken photographs on UG? No blurs? No shakiness? No out-of-focus shots? What has UG become?
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Quote by SGlover69
...i really wanna get bare knuckle pick ups.

But, honestly, it's between a set of Mule's or a blackheart handsome devil amp. And My current amp is a roland cube 20x...what would you pick?

The handsome devil.

The difference wouldn't be nearly as noticeable on you Cube.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Congrats on the pups! Nice photography as well, I'm a closet photographer. But not too many people want pictures of a closet. ba-dum-tshhh.
Congrats dude, once you've got one set you will unfortunately want every guitar you own to have BKPs.

Quote by sesstreets
Do you think a holy diver and a black dog (bridge and neck respectfully) would be a nice combo?

I'd like to have a useable and nice clean sound in the bridge, but retain the ability to overdrive my tubes nice and easy while keeping my midrange.

And for the neck I want something that can do soft sad blues to screaming angry blues and nipping on the heels of heavy rock WHILE still being able to do a beautiful fat and speedy solo with tons of overdrive.

Sorry to ask so much =\ any reply is greatly appreciated.

What's the guitar?
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SGlover69

I would go with the amp, BKs really need and deserve a good amp to shine. Even my Laney really isn't cutting it, but an amp upgrade will have to wait.

Quote by sethp
what pickups did they replace?

A set of Dimarzio Virtual PAFs. Really good pickups, but too vintage-voiced for the tones I'm after.

Quote by Nolly
Congrats dude, once you've got one set you will unfortunately want every guitar you own to have BKPs.

Yeah, I was concerned about that, but I really only play one guitar at a time and I'm considering selling off my other guitars currently (Parker GAS), so it shouldn't be a problem for a while.

And thanks to everyone else for the various compliments and comments.
High Five on the Parker! I just picked up my P44 Pro last month and it is beyond awesome.

Those pickups look pretty dank as well. Happy NPD.
Sig What?
Nice!
Personally......I would beat you in a thread....oh sorry...terrible of me.

L.P. with Mules - oh yeah etc.

P.K Fly are overrated for me...yet I know the tone will kick ass!

Do we need so many pics for threads? What the people want.... - i'd just like one or two.....of the whole product.
Quote by Nolly

Nolly speakth the truth, pick up one BKP and the other aftermarkets suddenly sound flat. Then you'd start wanting to have BKP all your guitars.

I order one Miracle Man for one guitar. Now I'm looking to replace all the pickups in my Ibanez.

TO SGlover69:
T!AN is right, BKP really need good amps to shine through. At the very least you'll need to run them through a tube amp. No doubt they make any amp sound better, but you can't really appreciate everything the BKP has if its run through a SS, even less so when its run through a modeller.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.