heavy O.D for Pantera, bls, black sabbath, ozzy, metallica kind of sound

can play over drums

1200$

idk if i should get tube or solid but need it alot louder than my drummer

combo, or head cabnet

metal, rock, nu metal,
Last edited by yanmingyu at Feb 23, 2009,
budget?

Peavey 5150, Mesa Mark IV/Triple Rec, Marshall JCM800, etc...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Your budget's always' going to have the big end.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
wall of diezel VH4's
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
so sorry, my budget is about 1200$ idk if i want tube or solid(you guys decide) need a combo(tube) or head and cabnit,
Mesa Mk. IV combo, Mk. III halfstack, Marshall JCM800 or 900
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
well, the corner stone of Dime's rig was his SS Randall Century head, the JCM800 was Zakk's, the Plexi was Randy's, Laney's were Tony's cup of tea and fro classic metallica, you can either go Marshall or Mesa/boogie.

get a BF fender twin reverb.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Try out one of those new Peavey 3120s
a Peavey XXX would be great
used Marshall JCM800 or JCM900
used Mesa F-30 or F-50
used Mesa Dc-3, Dc-5 or Dc-2
used Mesa .50 Caliber
Those are a lot of very different tones. Pick one of those that you think you would like most and let us know.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
What you need is a peavey 6505. This is going to be the ultimate for what you want. You cannot go wrong with it playing that style. Go to peaveys website and check out the bands that use the 6505 you probably like a lot of them.

On ebay you can find a new 6505 not used for 800. Most of the time at the stores they run 1200. Like 1159 is what I paid for mine. Then you will need a cab. So if you got 1200 just simply save up a little more and get yourself a cab for 400 bucks or even 300 there are some decent ones.

Don't rush into it. I mean if get the amp you want. If the amp is 1200 and thats the amp you want like the 6505 then get it. Don't be like most idiots on here. Save up another 300 for a cab.

If you want to go even cheaper you can get a vypyr 120 watt tube amp. It has 2 x12's already and will hook up to an extra cab which you can afford with that budget. This will go over a drummer easily. Because for one it has the same exact power section as the peavey 6505 plus the same tubes. But the power section is exactly the same. That's why the 6505 model sounds so much like the real thing on it. You cannot tell it's a modeling amp plus you get all the cool effects and other stuff.

And it is LOUD. Very LOUD. And if you weren't looking you wouldn't know it's not a 6505. The pre amp sounds enough like it too and you already got the 6505 power section on it. And no I don't mean because it has the same tubes it is built exactly the same. Honestly I'd probably go that route. Use 2x12's at home that comes with it. with the band plug up a 4x12 along with your 2x12's which you'll be able to afford.

Some people will tell you that technically plugging up an extra 4x12 to it won't make it louder. And I guess technically it doesnt but it will sound much louder. More speakers blowing in different directions. But even with the 2x12's it'll go over a drummer easily.
Quote by hcsn2008
What you need is a peavey 6505. This is going to be the ultimate for what you want. You cannot go wrong with it playing that style. Go to peaveys website and check out the bands that use the 6505 you probably like a lot of them.

On ebay you can find a new 6505 not used for 800. Most of the time at the stores they run 1200. Like 1159 is what I paid for mine. Then you will need a cab. So if you got 1200 just simply save up a little more and get yourself a cab for 400 bucks or even 300 there are some decent ones.

Don't rush into it. I mean if get the amp you want. If the amp is 1200 and thats the amp you want like the 6505 then get it. Don't be like most idiots on here. Save up another 300 for a cab.

If you want to go even cheaper you can get a vypyr 120 watt tube amp. It has 2 x12's already and will hook up to an extra cab which you can afford with that budget. This will go over a drummer easily. Because for one it has the same exact power section as the peavey 6505 plus the same tubes. But the power section is exactly the same. That's why the 6505 model sounds so much like the real thing on it. You cannot tell it's a modeling amp plus you get all the cool effects and other stuff.

And it is LOUD. Very LOUD. And if you weren't looking you wouldn't know it's not a 6505. The pre amp sounds enough like it too and you already got the 6505 power section on it. And no I don't mean because it has the same tubes it is built exactly the same. Honestly I'd probably go that route. Use 2x12's at home that comes with it. with the band plug up a 4x12 along with your 2x12's which you'll be able to afford.

Some people will tell you that technically plugging up an extra 4x12 to it won't make it louder. And I guess technically it doesnt but it will sound much louder. More speakers blowing in different directions. But even with the 2x12's it'll go over a drummer easily.

how much is peavey paying you per word?

the 6505 is not the be-all end-all. the peavey is best at modern metal...ozzy and black sabbath aren't modern metal.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Try out one of those new Peavey 3120s
a Peavey XXX would be great
used Marshall JCM800 or JCM900
used Mesa F-30 or F-50
used Mesa Dc-3, Dc-5 or Dc-2
used Mesa .50 Caliber

this, but add a used mark IV to the list and a 6505/5150

but ultimately, i think the JCM900 and XXX/3120 would be the two best if you dont want to spend hours looking for used deals, just my opinion
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Feb 23, 2009,