lets say i have a 112 cab and 1 speaker.

its just the cab gutted just wood.

so the ? is what do i need use the speaker.
use the speaker for a fridge magnet! =D
just kidding.
you need a amp head to hook it up to.
I'm the musical equivalent of driving a Sherman tank to work.
Uhm. Come again?
What I managed to get from that is what you need to use the speaker.
You need wire, a 1/4" jack and a speaker, of course.

OH! That's what he meant. Yeah, you need an amp head to run the speaker (or you can use a power amp, etc?).
yes i have an amp head.
and no cab .
classic 30.

could you take me in a step by step process so i could just come to this later.

or a link to where i can get this stuff.

probly just the hardware store i bet.
i just want to play the damn thing already.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Feb 23, 2009,
Well. First you need to disconnect the speaker from the chassis. Then you attach the wires to a 1/4" female jack by soldering. Then you have a cab. But you have to make sure the speaker can handle the head, as well as the ohms of the speaker and the head.

The 1/4" jack

and the wire can just be any audio wire.
But again, make sure the ohms are compatible(sp?).

Found a tutorial
Good luck.
Last edited by myXchem at Feb 23, 2009,
exactly what kind of wire is standard for guitar speakers.

wow really basic ****.

im just ganna use my old VOX 50ad as a cab because money is tight then ill upgrade speaker and then cab one day.

baby step by baby step.

EDIT:thanks so much man, you have no idea how relived i am now, no more dreamin about playing my amp, hopefully by the end of the week ill be playing my classic 30 i got on craigslist for 300.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Feb 23, 2009,