I have a question about the brand of bass amps "Acoustic". Could they supply the attack needed in the metal genre?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the brand Kustom? This amp looks awfully nice: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Kustom-KBA-115C-1x15--Bass-Combo-481427-i1321472.gc
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Well i don't know about the kustom. but i know the acoustic brands have a very good reputation. I cant give any advice from experience because i haven't play either of those.
Well I played an Acoustic 600 and honestly I loved the tone. I play metal as well, so I boosted the mids, treble, and the "Boost" knob, and it was perfect I thought. It was rather loud as well.
Once you get out of their bargain practice amps, Kustoms are wonderful. Loud and rather punchy. Don't know if they are quite the metal amp, but they are great for old school funk and classic rock.
Quote by anarkee
Once you get out of their bargain practice amps, Kustoms are wonderful. Loud and rather punchy. Don't know if they are quite the metal amp, but they are great for old school funk and classic rock.

Well, I have noticed that Acoustic Amps are quite budget minded, or well, cheap.

So if you had sufficient funds for either amp, which would you purchase?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Kustom-KBA-115C-1x15--Bass-Combo-481427-i1321472.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Acoustic-B200H-200W-Bass-Head-and-B115-250W-1x15-Bass-Cab-Package-483494-i1415333.gc
Quote by Azgirio

Quote by LordBishek
I am not a fan acoustics. They are far too transparent sounding.

My tonal preference would be the Kustom and they are built like brick houses.
I saw Foxy Shazaam last Friday and he played an Acoustic head through an Ampeg cab with a Fender J-bass. Most aggressive tone I've ever heard. Was absolutely orgasmic, no pedals either aside from the tuner.
Quote by anarkee
I am not a fan acoustics. They are far too transparent sounding.

My tonal preference would be the Kustom and they are built like brick houses.

What do you mean by transparent, ive heard that term quite a few times but have no idea what it means.
Its like when you can hear your bas's tone coming straight through. While "coloured" amps, have heir own voice to them.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Its like when you can hear your bas's tone coming straight through. While "coloured" amps, have heir own voice to them.

This. SWRs (or Acoustics in this case) would be like a completely spotless and clear pair of glasses, where as, say, Ampeg would be bright neon green tented glasses. You can look at the same exact things with either pair of glasses, but the latter will always be bright neon green. And if you like bright neon green, that's not a bad thing. But some people like to see the true colors of what they're looking at.

Of course, if you're looking at, say, a Thunderbird, bright neon green is probably an improvement.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by anarkee
Once you get out of their bargain practice amps, Kustoms are wonderful.

They sure are! Get out of the budget combos and Kustoms are amazing. Played through my friends vintage Kustom the other day and it sounded amazing. As for Acoustics, I found they're alright, perfect if you have a really tight budget. They don't hold a candle to Ampegs, Galien Krugers, or Mark Bass IMO, but those are all quite a bit more expensive
Quote by Tostitos
They sure are! Get out of the budget combos and Kustoms are amazing. Played through my friends vintage Kustom the other day and it sounded amazing. As for Acoustics, I found they're alright, perfect if you have a really tight budget. They don't hold a candle to Ampegs, Galien Krugers, or Mark Bass IMO, but those are all quite a bit more expensive

Yup. If I had teh money

But anyways, I am seriously considering the Kustom Combo.
I just need the loudest amp I can get for about 500 bucks
Quote by Azgirio

Quote by LordBishek
Well you could always look at Carvin. They have quite a reputation and are really cheap.
I have an Acoustic B10, I think I overdid it a bit or something cuz I'm getting a little distortion on the 7th fret and up, luckily I have like a 3 year warranty so I can go get a new 1 if it blows or I get tired of the distortion. Only bad thing other then distortion is the radio I pick up constantly, its making it a bitch to play.