Looking for a tube Combo not just a head.
Also, It has to be light enough to hand carry but loud enough for most gigs (id say 30 tube watts and up)

My budget: 700-900 USD
My location: BC Canada
My styles: Classic rock, Modern rock, blues, jazz, funk, pop, DONT play metal

I use pedals

WIll not buy used.
Quote by trauma15
look at matchless and fender

Won't find a Matchless new for that price, and Fenders aren't great for rock.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Go down to Long & McQuade and try out all the different Traynors that they have. You will get a great amp at a killer price. They would be pretty much perfect for what you do.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
YCV40 as mentioned above, but if your more focused on modern stuff, then save a bit more and get a ycs50...it does everything. Also check out a peavey classic 30.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by mrxtreme_4
YCV40 as mentioned above, but if your more focused on modern stuff, then save a bit more and get a ycs50...it does everything. Also check out a peavey classic 30.

I know this may sound stupid but how does the classic 30 compare to the YCS 50 interms of sound, versitility, reliability, value etc...
Versatility definitely goes to the ycs50 with all different voicing knobs and such, not to say that the classic 30 isn't versitile, reliability is pretty much the same, ones made in canada, one in the US, I'd say the Traynor is a better value because your getting way more features for only about $150 more, and they both sound great.

The only thing I had against the Traynor was that it sounded pretty harsh when I pushed it hard (i.e. high gain, scoop button engaged etc...). People told me I should just let the speakers break in, but I decided to return it as it was a bit more than I wanted to spend in the first place.

All in all the Traynor is generally a better amp, but you have to decide if your willing to spend the extra $150 - $200...it is worth it though.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
I noticed the harshness when I turned up the gain too, but I've heard a lot of people say that a tube swap will fix that. I do like the amp though. Its pretty nice.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by echo_4190
I noticed the harshness when I turned up the gain too, but I've heard a lot of people say that a tube swap will fix that. I do like the amp though. Its pretty nice.

Do you know what tubes is great for the YCS50 ?
Quote by luyezi27
Do you know what tubes is great for the YCS50 ?

Ask in the tubes thread, or also read the traynor thread, a few guys have posted what they've switched to, and how they feel it changed the sound, so I'd suggest looking through there. I haven't swapped mine yet (though its on my to do list) so I don't have any personal experience.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by luyezi27
Looking for a tube Combo not just a head.
Also, It has to be light enough to hand carry but loud enough for most gigs (id say 30 tube watts and up)

My budget: 700-900 USD
My location: BC Canada
My styles: Classic rock, Modern rock, blues, jazz, funk, pop, DONT play metal

I use pedals

WIll not buy used.

get your self a fender hot rod deluxe 40watt. its not light but you can carry it, its sounds great too. great cleans plus the drive channel isnt bad as long as you dont push it to metal like distortion.