I've been looking at flanger, and I was wondering if there's any bass equivalents. I haven't been able to find one, but I figured I should as here before giving up.
I use my EHX electric Mistress, and it works pretty good for flange and chorus
A flanger is a flanger - you can use a "guitar" flanger. Any pedal can be used with bass. Look into the MXR Flanger and the EXH Deluxe Electric Mistress.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Oh, okay, cool. I thought a guitar pedal would be more focused on the high-end, but I guess alot of pedals tend to do that. Thanks.
Quote by herby190
Oh, okay, cool. I thought a guitar pedal would be more focused on the high-end, but I guess alot of pedals tend to do that. Thanks.

your kinda right about that part. but you can hook up a guitar flanger anyways
The Boss Flanger has a bass specific input, and seems to retain plenty of low end. Actually seems to have boost on the low mids too.

Works very well on bass for me, I have it set on a fast, deep oscillation for an underwater-type effect.
Some flangers can't quite handle the bass signal; I have the rocktron hypnotic flange and it has just a bit of nasty clipping when I run bass through it. Keep an eye out for that if you're trying them out in store. I know the boss in particular doesn't have this problem.
Agreed, boss flangers work quite well with bass. Even the one without the bass input sounded good, to me at least.
Nope, no sig here.
I have a boss bf3 flanger, sounds awesome, especially the gate/pan settings. It's got a guitar and a bass input so i'd reccomend it to anyone.

If your in aus i'll sell it to you, not that it's a bad pedal, i just don't use it.
EBS unichorus baby, chorus, pitch and flangewr all in one. It s the ost awesomenes pedal any1's ever mades.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Jateca
The Boss Flanger has a bass specific input, and seems to retain plenty of low end. Actually seems to have boost on the low mids too.

Works very well on bass for me, I have it set on a fast, deep oscillation for an underwater-type effect.

The bass input is just a high pass filter, so that the lows are unaffected by the flange. If you want them flanged too, put it in the guitar input.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
The bass input is just a high pass filter, so that the lows are unaffected by the flange. If you want them flanged too, put it in the guitar input.

Yeah, I thought it would be something along those lines. Its a nice feature, one of the better boss pedals I think.
Quote by Bass First
I have a boss bf3 flanger, sounds awesome, especially the gate/pan settings. It's got a guitar and a bass input so i'd reccomend it to anyone.

If your in aus i'll sell it to you, not that it's a bad pedal, i just don't use it.

Sorry. U.S. of A.

Quote by Casketcreep
So is the TS saying that he/she couldn't find any bass flanger pedals at all?

I just checked musicians friend. I couldn't find any that said anything about bass, but mf doesn't always have the best product descriptions.
There are next to no bass specific flangers. This is because guitar ones work perfectly fine on bass. Same goes for all modulations, though some people prefer a chorus voiced for bass.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Last edited by gm jack at Feb 25, 2009,
There are bass specific flangers, but one of the reasons you don't see em too often is pretty much any flanger works just fine on bass. Your best bet would be to take a trip to a music shop and try out as many different flangers as they have and decide which you like the sound of best.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play