Is anyone else mad that basically all guitar stuff has gone up in price. I noticed it awhile ago as epiphone les paul customs went up like $200 and now all fender stuff has gone up too. I was gonna buy a std tele for about $400-450 and now its $550
buy used. so many people are losing their jobs and selling off gear to make rent.

ps. be glad you arent paying uk fender prices, ect.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
$1,500 ES-335 is now $2,000.

This sucks for me as I can finally afford one due to a job and it's one of my dream guitars. But I get by. it's inflation man, what can you do?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Feb 23, 2009,
Its because of the stupid economy... There also not making guitars until like 5 or 10 of them actually get ordered. Thats why everything back ordered. I've been waiting on my guitar for like 2 months and it was supposed to only take like 3 weeks.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
i'm pretty sure i've seen a thread about this every week. just sayin'
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
You would think with the economy goin down the tubes and demand lowering from income loss, the prices would lower also (law of demand). Sorry im just using my macroeconomics viewpoint haha. I guess a positive is that my hellraiser resale value went up
Quote by morganite14
You would think with the economy goin down the tubes and demand lowering from income loss, the prices would lower also (law of demand). Sorry im just using my macroeconomics viewpoint haha. I guess a positive is that my hellraiser resale value went up

wood costs more. they are trying to make up for lost sales.

they (gibson and fender) are acting like car companies and it's eventually going to bit them in the ass.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

dude buy used, its the best, between the college kids losing jobs, the kids who got kicked out of mommys house trying to make money, and the guys with millions of guitars that are downsizing to make money makes this a buyers market

seriously i saw a bc rich mockingbird thats usually like 400 for 260. there was another dude that had a les paul, that had the original head but a wizard 2 neck for 500, and i just got an epiphone dot with seymor duncans for 300

so who gives a damn of what musicians friend and guitar center charge
Quote by srvkicks@$$
there was another dude that had a les paul, that had the original head but a wizard 2 neck for 500

WTF... thats just not even logical. To start with the necks are different lengths...

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
Quote by jj1565
wood costs more. they are trying to make up for lost sales.

they (gibson and fender) are acting like car companies and it's eventually going to bit them in the ass.

They aren't gonna ask for a bailout are they?
The place I just bought a American Deluxe Strat jacked prices up on all their Fenders by about 30 percent. They said it had to do with higher wood prices and health insurance costs for factory workers. Then a week later they dropped prices right back where they had been. It didn't seem like prices of other guitar brands changed at all.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
They aren't gonna ask for a bailout are they?

No, because guitar companies have dignity and brains.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I was at the guitar store today and the prices were just as low as usual for the new Fender standards. The basses seemed a touch pricy, but the guitars weer down. The Road Worn mofos were like $750, which seemed very low to me.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by necrosis1193
No, because guitar companies have dignity and brains.

Yes, I suppose they do.
I bought my Champ 600 in fall of 2007 for $200 CDN, went to the store the other day and they want them for $300 now. I could sell mine now for the same price as I bought it, funny how that works out. Buy used, or make your own guitar. Some really good deals out there.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
people that own gibson faded SG's are making out huge on the used market right now. they went for $579 brand new in december of 2007, nowadays they will run you about $900 brand new.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
i took a trip down memory lane and looked at MF mags i had from junior/senior year in highschoold (06'/07') and saw that the Gibson SG special back then was like $899 and now it's like $1399 or $1499!! INSANE!!

but it's economics...the only good thing is that we're in a recession NOW, but it's just the nature of the economic cycle that we'll inevitably get out of the recession and begin going back uphill with everything sorting out...so guitar prices will prolly drop a slight bit (hey, it's better than nothing) in the future, enough for you to notice i'm sure.

be optimistic for the future
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Some Ibanez Prestiges have gone up by about £300 in the UK, the RG1570 for example. ESP and LTD guitars seem slightly cheaper though
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
I paid $299+tax (CDN) for my RG321mh just a few months ago. Now they're $389. It's insane I tell you.

Epi Ultra II's cost up in the thousands where as just last year they were $799 or something.

Used is the way to go now.
Well... considering you most likely used your credit card to buy all your other guitar gear or someone else used one for it, you can't really complain as the economic situation is a by product in a way or two of your current ownings...
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by James13v
Well... considering you most likely used your credit card to buy all your other guitar gear or someone else used one for it, you can't really complain as the economic situation is a by product in a way or two of your current ownings...
Speak for yourself Geo Frontman dude. I paid for everything I've got with cash.
Quote by James13v

well i dont think you're talking to me either.

also, i have no idea what you're trying to say in this last highlighted area.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62