I recently bought this mini-strat and scalloped the fretboard, and am now experiencing an odd sound on my G-string that I can only describe as a... gargle? It sounds just like when you tune using natural harmonics and they are are of sync.

Im using 12s and tuned down a whole step. I did not notice it before I scalloped the fretboard, but im not sure what I could have screwed up. It only happens on the G-string, everywhere on it (most noticeably on 12+).

know it is not fret buzz because I raised the action on the string as high as it can go and the sound is still there. The sound also happens when I fret the 20th (the highest) fret, so there are no higher frets for it to hit. I have also set my intonation appropriately, so no problem there.

If anyone has any idea what it could be please tell me
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
that blows. i know this is off topic but how do you scallop the neck? im thinking on getting into scalloped necks. can you please message me and tell me some stuff?
Quote by icpgettozone
that blows. i know this is off topic but how do you scallop the neck? im thinking on getting into scalloped necks. can you please message me and tell me some stuff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh4CGjcsao4&feature=PlayList&p=A870E529A2E69E64&playnext=1&index=24

that about covers it, took about 20$ for all of the materials, and about 10 hours of time, came out real nice though
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M