I just learned hysteria by muse a few days ago and i have it pretty much have it down and i love playing it. So I was wanting to know if you guys know any songs that sound similar to it. Thanks.
Quote by fishmunky
My fiance told me she had to sleep on the couch a few months back cause i got overly grabby in my sleep.
she was apparently not impressed by unconscious caveman moves
Jeff Schmidt

There's a lot of talking before the song, like 5 minutes of talking. It's free to download aswell (Check the right hand side of the video).

Symphony X

Got the same feel as Hysteria in my opinion.

Muse again

Yup, another Muse song.

Tool

Hmm..maybe?

RHCP

Intro especially.
Thanks. Checking these out now.
Quote by fishmunky
My fiance told me she had to sleep on the couch a few months back cause i got overly grabby in my sleep.
Quote by Micehorns
Jeff Schmidt

There's a lot of talking before the song, like 5 minutes of talking. It's free to download aswell (Check the right hand side of the video).

Symphony X

Got the same feel as Hysteria in my opinion.

Muse again

Yup, another Muse song.

Tool

Hmm..maybe?

RHCP

Intro especially.

The Symphony X song is great
The jeff schmidt one has some crazy effects but ill try it
Rhcp is nice too. Thanks man.
Quote by fishmunky
Citizen Erased, Stockholme Syndrome, Sunburn, Cave, Invincible, Fury, The Groove, Easily, Dead Star.

All By Muse
Last edited by The 7.18 at Feb 24, 2009,
more muse! the osaka jam riff is very similar and IMO more fun to play.
EDIT: sorry youtube was being slow,
so see this as a "+1" post to the osaka jam
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Wow. Osaka jam is pretty badass. I dunno if ill be able to learn that as fast as hysteria haha.
Seems muse is what i like to play.
Quote by fishmunky
Never Enough by Dream Theater? And if you're feeling the overdriven growl, try some of Prodigy's or Pendulum's bass lines? Plus you get to mix genres and become more musicaly diverse, which is always a bonus
Quote by the humanity
You will be the High Lowlord's High Lowlife!

Ibanez EDB 550
Laney RB6
I thought you meant hysteria by def leppard - Imagine my dissapointment when I clicked on the thread to find it was about muse *scoff*
Quote by Ouch_needles
Never Enough by Dream Theater? And if you're feeling the overdriven growl, try some of Prodigy's or Pendulum's bass lines? Plus you get to mix genres and become more musicaly diverse, which is always a bonus

Are Prodigy and pendulum by dream theater?
Quote by fishmunky
Quote by Zander131
Are Prodigy and pendulum by dream theater?

They're DnB bands
Oops
Quote by fishmunky
+1 on most of the suggestions above lol, especially domination when they played that when supportgn Dream theater and i didnt know them i was like "OMG HYSERIA?"
How about Slither, by Velvet Revolver? Definitely a bit of a different style... but the central pedaling riff is what makes me relate the two songs. Of course, the pedal rhythms are different:

"0" = open; "F" = fretted

Hysteria: 00F0FF0F0F0FFFFF/00F0FF0F0F0FFFFF/00F0FF0F0FF0FF0FF/0F0FF0F0F0FFFFF

Slither: 0FF0FF0F0FF0F0FF x4

Moreover, the chorus is more GnR, classic rock chord progression style. Still, it's a good song, and definitely fun to play.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.