Starting with the major scale, for example C major. If you wished to play the A minor scale (Aeolian mode), you play through the C major scale, except you start and end on A instead of C.
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

Quote by cloudjessie42
Starting with the major scale, for example C major. If you wished to play the A minor scale (Aeolian mode), you play through the C major scale, except you start and end on A instead of C.

No, that's not how modes work.

how do i play a mode. thank u

You delete this thread and read the sticky. Chances are you aren't ready to write modal music.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by cloudjessie42
Without context, this is just the C major scale; the order in which you play the notes does not matter at all.

TS, read the modes sticky at the top of the forum, but make sure you have a solid understanding of basic theory first. Read through the link in my sig or the Crusade articles and make sure you know that material.

Quote by Archeo Avis
you aren't ready
Ah, I knew it was coming!
Read the damn sticky. The one at the very top of the page that says "modes" on it. You are not ready for Coltrane.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by ARYANMETALFIST
what mode do i play on giatn steps

...oh God.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by ARYANMETALFIST
please dont mock me in my own thread. and dont spam if u dont have a constructive thing to post.

Why don't you take your own advice and not spam.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Why don't you take your own advice and not spam.

please stop trolling me. i just want to know what mode to use over giant steps. is it that hard for someone to give me an honest answer
Quote by JakdOnCrack
Ah, i get it now. He's a troll.

ARYAN is in his username, but he's got RIP 2pac and a 2pac avatar. Also, metal is in his name, and he's idolizing 2pac.

Well played, TS. Well played indeed.

just because im proud of my own race doesnt mean i hate others.
Quote by ARYANMETALFIST
please stop trolling me. i just want to know what mode to use over giant steps. is it that hard for someone to give me an honest answer

Yes actually, it's a much bigger/more complex question than you realize. No offense, but Giant Steps is far beyond your knowledge level. It's not worth the time it would take to explain to someone that won't get it anyway. sorry