so This is what guitar were looking at
more or less can i build this into a nice sounding fender or is it bleh.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Why not get a MIM Strat and put some sweet pickups in it? If you think about it buying the guitar and then buying all the stuff to make it into a "Nice Sounding Fender" you're going to either be a few bucks shy of a MIM or the same price. Makes more sense to me to just buy the Fender.

You can probably get a used MIM (Made in Mexico) Strat on E-Bay for around $400 bucks. Nice pickups are about $150.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Well since he posted a link to a $99 SX guitar, I don't think he has a $600 budget. That guitar isn't great, but they play fairly well so you won't be disappointed.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
well i actually had the game plan of building one of the nicer SX strats into a fender by replacing the neck and electronics, pups, and some hardware. but i emailed kurk and he said that they aren't the same dimensions....so you can't just swap out the neck with a fender one, but i guess if you found out the dimensions, Warmoth could make one that fit? a little not worth it for something that low cost i would think, but get an agile strat and go from there if you prefer.

with your budget, i'd go with an older Squier from the 80s or 90s if you could, and mod that when you get the money. i've played my best bud's Squier Strat he got from a friend, which is an 80s made one, and it plays NICELY, stock pups are ok, but MAN that thing is KILLER for a squier!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I bought my 2008 MIM Strat used for $300 last summer.

If you shop around, you can probably find a 90s MIM Strat for like $200 to $250.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
^your point exactly? just wondering, cuz i know i stated that if he were to go agile, he should go with the nicer of the agile strats and if he plans on upgrading, he'd have to get a custom fitted neck i'm pretty sure.

i'll put it this way, i wouldn't spend any less than $200 for a new guitar, even if it IS a lesser-known brand...i just think anything less than that is almost asking for plywood and garbage hardware....you'd be better off spending a tad extra for a better foundation worth upgrading, if you know what i mean.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
^your point exactly? just wondering, cuz i know i stated that if he were to go agile, he should go with the nicer of the agile strats and if he plans on upgrading, he'd have to get a custom fitted neck i'm pretty sure.

i'll put it this way, i wouldn't spend any less than $200 for a new guitar, even if it IS a lesser-known brand...i just think anything less than that is almost asking for plywood and garbage hardware....you'd be better off spending a tad extra for a better foundation worth upgrading, if you know what i mean.
If he's going Agile then $200 isn't going to cut it. The lowest end Agile Strat is $279.99
Quote by ch0
Just gonna point out, that isn't an Agile.

+1
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
wow i thought from memory that there was one right around $200, maybe it was on the b-stock section or something, my bad definitely.

well i stand by what i said....get an agile strat as the SXs seem to be hit and miss
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH