Is this thing a good amp? Friend's friend in texas is selling it for 200, and I'm looking to replace my loline 6 spider 3 30 watt. I play an Ibanez GRX20Z through a boss mt 2 metal zone pedal. He says it's good condition btw.
ugh. no. worse than your spider, honestly.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
You could get a Roland Cube or Peavey Vypyr for that price. Either one would be better than your current setup.

Don't judge me.
Thanks for the reccomendations! I should be goin' down to guitar center this week, so I'll definitely check those out. How are the clean channels on them?
Better on the Vypyr, than the Cube, IMO.

Don't judge me.
Clean channel on a vypyr is fine. I prefer the Vypyr over the micro-cube and the valvetronix over both of them. Just play on all those budget price hybrids and find what YOU like!! Don't forget to check out Guitar Centers used stuff. Do you go the one in Fairfax or Richmond?
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
The Vox isn't good for t3h br00tz.

Don't judge me.
Uhh, Fredericksburg lol. Closest one to me, since I live in Dumfies :/. I know to get what I like lol, I'm just looking for some reccomendations to start with. My friend also offered to sell me his 50 Watt Crate amp for 250 I think, 'cause he's looking into getting a 5150 or whatever the number was.
No crates, either. Trust me.

Don't judge me.
Alright, I've got somethin' to start with now , thanks peeps. And, H_ngm_n, how'd you know I live in VA lol?
Dude I have no idea. I just guessed. I live in WV and I drive to the Guitar Center in Richmond about once a month and spend a ton of money. They know me by name now and fight when I come in because of the giant commission bonus they get. If you can get to Richmond Guitar Center and Sam Ash are right next to each other. Gives you an even bigger selection to choose from.

As for the Valvetronix not being able to handle the br00tz that isn't totally true. If you replace the ****ty tube in it with a nice JJ or something it will sound awesome. No Crates either unless its a tube one for a good price.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Get it, thyre fantastic and extremely loud. although the clean channels are crap and distort very easily. I have had one now for nearly a year and a half and I love it!
Quote by H_ngm_n
Dude I have no idea. I just guessed. I live in WV and I drive to the Guitar Center in Richmond about once a month and spend a ton of money. They know me by name now and fight when I come in because of the giant commission bonus they get. If you can get to Richmond Guitar Center and Sam Ash are right next to each other. Gives you an even bigger selection to choose from.

As for the Valvetronix not being able to handle the br00tz that isn't totally true. If you replace the ****ty tube in it with a nice JJ or something it will sound awesome. No Crates either unless its a tube one for a good price.

Where at in WV do you live? I live in Staunton. I have to drive all the way to Richmond as well.
I live in Lewisburg. About 10 minutes from the border with Virginia in Greenbrier County.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
Quote by H_ngm_n

Bogus. that tube does almost nothing. It's the modeling that makes it a non-metal amp.

Don't judge me.
i have a vox 15w valvetronix and i think the tone sucks on it. but, i think its the ****ty speaker. however, i played the new valvtronix at guitar center recently, the ones i think theyre called xt or something like that. i am really amazed how much better they are than mine.

i just use the vox when i cant/dont want to bring my dsl50. and i had a v-ampire 210 combo a few years back and the tone was alright for me when i was playing for like a year or so, but the damn thing would lose volume when i was playing, just like cut out to half volume or so. it was under warranty so luckily i got a new one for free and sold it on ebay still in the box.