I have heard a few from hardcore or metal bands such as Halcyon by Acacia Strain and also Stolen Glances by With Honor. What other bands have recorded acoustic instrumentals like these?
I can't think of any off the top of my head but I was listening to one a few hours ago. I have a few on my computer, I'll try and remember them.
Why do you want them?
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
I dunno about acoustics, but the Descendents have a couple that are really good.
brnh.bandcamp.com
why is this thread on punk and ska when it's about hardcore and metal?

you can listen some songs from shadows fall, such as casting shade. Another soldier lost is a great song, but it isn't instrumental and it isn't totally acoustic...
Because I know some hardcore and metal bands have done it and I was wondering if anyone knew any punk bands that have recorded them. And I want to hear them because I like hearing acoustic instrumentals.
- The intro of From the Cradle to the Grave (album) by the Subhumans
- The intro and outro of Worlds Apart (album) by the Subhumans
- The outro of Split Vision by the Subhumans
- A mi amore by Television
- maybe some stuff by Minuteflag
- there´s a myspace with Black Flag instrumental I cannot find
- Rumble by Link Wray
- L.A. Blues by the Stooges is close to be an insturmental I think
- on of the last songs on Inflammable Material is an instrumental as well

I don´t know acoustic instrumental though

The First Day of Autumn by Screeching Weasel is the instrumental one. Stupid seasons.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Last edited by Bottle of Dirt at Feb 24, 2009,
I don't know any acoustic instrumentals, but here's some instrumentals that I don't think anyone else said:

The Clash - Listen
The Newfits (Misfits) - Abominable Dr. Phibes, some other songs on Famous Monsters that I don't remember because that album is awful
Mission of Burma - All World Cowboy Romance
Operation Ivy - Bankshot
Tim Armstrong - Cold Blooded
Wire - The Commercial
The Andrew Jackson Jihad has a really cool acoustic piece called "Guilt: The Song." It has lyrics in the beginning, but the last three minutes or so is a big instrumental between an acoustic guitar and an upright bass. Definitely something you should look into.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Quote by Greenfinger182
The Andrew Jackson Jihad has a really cool acoustic piece called "Guilt: The Song." It has lyrics in the beginning, but the last three minutes or so is a big instrumental between an acoustic guitar and an upright bass. Definitely something you should look into.

yesssss
Quote by werty22
I don't know any acoustic instrumentals, but here's some instrumentals that I don't think anyone else said:

The Clash - Listen
The Newfits (Misfits) - Abominable Dr. Phibes, some other songs on Famous Monsters that I don't remember because that album is awful
Mission of Burma - All World Cowboy Romance
Operation Ivy - Bankshot
Tim Armstrong - Cold Blooded
Wire - The Commercial

agreed famous monsters sucks.walk among us is my favorite album(all hell breaks loose is the BEST misfits song ever)
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Someone gave me a Billy Atwell vinyl LP the other day, Ferret in a China Shop. A good part of that album is instrumental.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
On Operation Ivy's unreleased energy (which I proudly own a hard copy of) is an instrumental Sound System and Unity.
Quote by Randal
I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule.
I just noticed that it says instrumentals from punk bands, not punk instrumental, so here are some more Clash songs.

Walking the Sidewalk, Mensforth Hill (an apparent attempt at Revolution 9), Silicone on Sapphire (kind of similar to the last one, has some speech in it), Shepherd's Delight, Time is Tight

Some dubs/alternate mixes that are largely instrumental: Robber Dub, The Cool Out, The Magnificent Dance, Mustapha Dance, The Equalizer, One More Dub, Justice Tonight/Kick it Over

And here's some Green Day songs just because: Espionage, Last Ride In, The Simpsons theme song
Theres a Ramones surf tribute album thats pretty good.
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
Swing Against the Nazis by Mischief Brew is one of my favorites. Leftover Crack also do an instrumental version of Gay Rude Boys Unite, but that's ska.
Dickless.
Black Flag's Family Man record. Does that count?
What can be broken must be broken
Quote by Red-Rockabilly
Theres a Ramones surf tribute album thats pretty good.

What? no **** that sounds bad ass...

what are they called?
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Ramonetures its pretty much the Phantom Surfers but Davie Allen is playing lead. Theres also an X album by them but has Billy Zoom playing lead.
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
Last edited by Red-Rockabilly at Mar 3, 2009,
If ska/punk counts either version of Riding the Fourth Wave - Catch 22 and Streetlight Manifesto

A Brief Celebration of Indifference and March to Fuzz - Mudhoney

Aurora Borealis, Magic Toy Missing, I'm a Mindless Idiot - Meat Puppets

May not consider those songs punk, but I certainly consider the bands to be punk.
Originally posted by Viciousxp
GRRR.. im so mad at society.

grow up, society supports you, the guitar you bought, and the internet you're posting on.
Check out the Minuteflag collaboration from Black Flag and the Minutemen. Most of it is instrumental.
Sickles & Hammers by The Minutemen is the best punk instrumental ever.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.