Say I have 2 6L6/5881 's for my power tubes and 4 12ax7's for my pre amp. When I switch can I replace my current tubes with anything that is the same? Oh and are 6l6 and 5881 the same?
yeah, it's the same type. your amp will have to rebiased to the rating of the new power tubes, mind you.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008