http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7JzDAjMgBU

This is a solo I made on bass guitar with distortion for an old school Heavy Metal song with progressive and psychedelic influences.

Please give me your honest opinions.

Any and all constructive criticism will be appreciated,

Thanks in Advance.
I realized I was god when I prayed and saw that I was talking to myself.
You must be a guitar player too, you don't see many bass players playing solos that high.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Quote by wiliscool
You must be a guitar player too, you don't see many bass players playing solos that high.

Not at all. All I play at the moment is bass and a little piano.
I thought this was pretty cool, man, good job. A little short, but hey it wasn't part of a whole track (although I think you should incorporate it into one) so it would be. Reminds me alot of Cliff's solo on Pulling Teeth. I'm guessing he is a main influence of yours? I found the quality could have been a whole lot better, I would start using proper recording equipment if I were you. It really makes a lot of difference. Overall, great job and keep it up!

Thanks for critting my work too
I dont think I've ever seen an interesting bass guitar piece like this. Usually the bass in songs is just bland. Hell, this sounded like a regular guitar, which was wierd. Great melody too!
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by 12Jim34
I thought this was pretty cool, man, good job. A little short, but hey it wasn't part of a whole track (although I think you should incorporate it into one) so it would be. Reminds me alot of Cliff's solo on Pulling Teeth. I'm guessing he is a main influence of yours? I found the quality could have been a whole lot better, I would start using proper recording equipment if I were you. It really makes a lot of difference. Overall, great job and keep it up!

Thanks for critting my work too

Actually Cliff Burton is one of my main influences, and this solo is one which I composed for a song I'll be doing with a couple of friends. The quality is due to lack is good equipment and also the digital camera with which I recorded.