What do you guys do? I'm transferring to another school after this semester. I'm a freshman now, and I've lived on campus. I'm not sure if I should keep living on campus, or commute. I'm like 30 minutes away from the new school.
Dorm if it's an option. Much more social, much more fun.
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
I live in an apartment off campus but it's right down the street from my school. It's also right around the corner from the Boston Symphony Hall. Bitchin'

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Le_Bunny
Depends on your circumstances, do you like living at home? Do you have a car and money to run it? Do you prefer living on campus...?

I like home, yes. I think this school kinda ruined living on campus for me, since it's mainly a commuter school. The weekends here are DEAD. I would be able to afford the drive though, it wouldn't be a problem.
If money isn't a major factor, opt for the more social option.

EDIT: What school will you be transferring to?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I live 45 minutes away from my university and I kinda do both. I am at school during the week but am home on the weekends, and if I ever get sick of rez life for awhile I go home and commute. (but I don't do that often at all) Honestly I would say go with dorm life for the experience.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
I commute to NYU. I hate it. Takes 95% of the social factor out of the experience.

Plus, I cant really get wasted and then come home to my parents
Quote by CBNJ
Ramapo College, it's a school in New Jersey.

I Googled it and tried to find some opinions on how social the student body is. So far it seems like people don't see that as a stronger point of the school, but I have only been reading for a couple minutes I guess I'm undecided, but I still recommend looking into on campus residence options just to see what you think.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by terrencemaddox
I Googled it and tried to find some opinions on how social the student body is. So far it seems like people don't see that as a stronger point of the school, but I have only been reading for a couple minutes I guess I'm undecided, but I still recommend looking into on campus residence options just to see what you think.

Yeah, it's not really a big school, but a good percentage of the kids (especially freshman) live on campus. I have a few friends from home that go there and stay on campus and they love it. I guess I will have to check it out.

I was actually thinking about applying to Rutgers too, but I didn't really know if I wanted 30,000 kids in my school. :P
It's all a matter of whether you wanna live close enough to walk, or have the convenience of owning a car. Well, that's the choice I had to make anyways :P
I drive to my college, and I think it takes alot of the social aspect out of the experience.. I've got a few college friends, but I find myself preferring to hang out with my friends I knew in high school... I think it may have been different if I lived on campus, cause most people in my clsses live in res. and seem more connected with eachother than me...
Quote by CBNJ
Yeah, it's not really a big school, but a good percentage of the kids (especially freshman) live on campus. I have a few friends from home that go there and stay on campus and they love it. I guess I will have to check it out.

I was actually thinking about applying to Rutgers too, but I didn't really know if I wanted 30,000 kids in my school. :P

Ah Rutgers. Yeah, I imagine that would be quite a different experience. They have been having some issues with overcrowding in the residence halls I guess, which is something I witnessed when I was at IU. I have to say though, Rutgers does have a good reputation both academically and for being a party school all the same so I have to give credit.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I live fairly close to Ramapo, actually. But I live on campus at Oneonta. I know there are a handful of UGers from there, but I'd feel really uncomfortable if any of them recognized me and tried to start a conversation based on UG. I'm friendly, though.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I live fairly close to Ramapo, actually. But I live on campus at Oneonta. I know there are a handful of UGers from there, but I'd feel really uncomfortable if any of them recognized me and tried to start a conversation based on UG. I'm friendly, though.

Partying with a UGer is fun if you pretend you don't know them from UG. I invited a Uger over to a party at the apartment I lived in in college and I had him over a couple hours before it started so we could break the ice. I mentioned something about the forums and things got weird. I then switched the conversation to something else and spilled root beer all over my pants when trying to chase some bourbon and suddenly everything goes smoothly. He ended up being a good friend of mine for the rest of the semester (he transferred after...hopefully not my fault ).
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by terrencemaddox
Partying with a UGer is fun if you pretend you don't know them from UG. I invited a Uger over to a party at the apartment I lived in in college and I had him over a couple hours before it started so we could break the ice. I mentioned something about the forums and things got weird. I then switched the conversation to something else and spilled root beer all over my pants when trying to chase some bourbon and suddenly everything goes smoothly. He ended up being a good friend of mine for the rest of the semester (he transferred after...hopefully not my fault ).

Haha. Do you still talk to him on here?
Quote by Sid McCall

Stoneonta, huh?

TS, you should come to Penn State. Best rez life ever.
Quote by JewMasatFlex
astepabove for president?

Wanna buy a duck?
DORM DORM DORM DORM DORMDODODMROMRORMROMDOMRDOMDOMROMDOMROMDOMROMDORM

do you want friends? do you want to enjoy college? to want to have your little corner in the universe? dorm
Quote by CBNJ
I have a friend that goes there. Wouldn't it be mad expensive though, because I'm out of state?

I'm from NY and I go there. Try a commonwealth campus. They're cheaper, and you can always go to the main campus for parties on the weekends. There's always someone to bum a ride off of.
Quote by JewMasatFlex
astepabove for president?

Wanna buy a duck?
Dorm, no question
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by CBNJ
Haha. Do you still talk to him on here?

He stopped posting and I don't know if he ever comes on anymore. Lilvikingboy is his username. He's a funny guy.
Miss Scourge? PM me.