what ohm is the cab?
My Stuffs
Whammy->DL4->Holy Grail->MXR 108->Mesa Rectoverb
OCD->Sun Face->Big Muff->535Q->DL4->Orange TT
you could run the cab in stereo along with the combo speakers, but if you wanted to use all 4 speakers in the cab, you would have to connect it with the combo speakers before you plugged it into the amp.
My Stuffs
run a speaker cable from the 4 ohm jack on the cab to the 4 ohm jack on the combo.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
run a speaker cable from the 4 ohm jack on the cab to the 4 ohm jack on the combo.

the 2 4 ohm jacks are wired in parallel. you'd need 2 8 ohm loads to use those both, not 4 ohm loads.
My Stuffs
i overlooked that. for some reason i just assumed they were wired in series.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
So... without the help of an electrician, is this going to be a "no" ?
Last edited by ACE IT UP at Feb 24, 2009,
Do you have a 2x12 or a 1x12? And what Ohm are the speakers or speaker? You could Daisy chain the cab if the speaker(s) are wired for 8 ohms or plug them both into the the 4 ohms sockets. If they are both at 8 ohms. But not seeing how the speakers are wired. I couldn't tell you. If you could find out how the speakers are wired in the combo. You might get a better answer.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
well than you are only going to be able to run the 4x12 or the combo speakers. Unless someone was to rewire the speakers in the combo to series. It's fairly simple this would give you 16 ohms in the combo. So all you would have to do than is to Plug the 4x12 into a 4 ohm socket and the combo speakers into a 8 ohm socket and your rocking. If you would like to see what you would need to do go here.>>>>>>>http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Roadster.pdf

Go to the bottom of page 27 it will show you how your speakers would need to be wired. If you want to change them to series. It's a simple fix if you know how to solder. Once you do that you combo speakers are wired for 16 ohms. And since a Mesa 4x12 is wired at 8ohms all you would have to do have is have ohms and plug into the appropriate socket. ie the 16ohms halved go into the 8ohm input, and the 8ohm 4x12 would go into the 4ohm speaker input. If you do this make sure when you unplug one cab or another, if you are not going to be using them! To plug the speaker cable back into it's appropriate input.

Good Luck,
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by boxcarmonument
So all you would have to do then is to Plug the 4x12 into a 4 ohm socket and the combo speakers into a 8 ohm socket and your rocking.

True, that would work. But it would make more sense to plug the combo speakers into the 16 ohm jack, since they are 16 ohms. And plug the cab into the 8 ohm spot. The only two outputs on the back that are in parallel are the 4 ohms. so you if you aren't using both of them you dont need to adjust the impedance.
My Stuffs
Quote by Kino22x
True, that would work. But it would make more sense to plug the combo speakers into the 16 ohm jack, since they are 16 ohms. And plug the cab into the 8 ohm spot. The only two outputs on the back that are in parallel are the 4 ohms. so you if you aren't using both of them you dont need to adjust the impedance.

Your not running parrallel! You are running a 16 ohm cab and a 8ohm cab together therefore the impedance is halved on both cabs! Look in any Mesa book, hell even on the PDF I posted it will tell you to do it that way. Irregardless of what output you are using they they all run together.

edit: Look at diagram #7 on page 30! It will show you exactly what I'm talking about.
http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Roadster.pdf
Last edited by boxcarmonument at Feb 24, 2009,
Very helpful guys, thanks. I'll look into it, maybe have a professional consider it before fianlizing any work.

All the impedance, ohms halfing, and series wiring can be a little intimidating, especially if you're worried about the possible negative results...