I want to build something, I honestly don't care what it is.

Guitar, pedal, amp... pick? Something?

Anything. I was looking at all these crazy ebay build kits that have all the pre cut and pre made stuff, you just do the electronic and custom work. Do these have any quality and are they worth the price?

This is my first build of anything (besides skateboard ramps from back in the day, haha), so I need something easyish.

Thanks, Jason
Les Paul, Strat, Tele
Carvin x100b, Epip VJr, Crate V33
Carvin 4x12, 2x12
check out buildyourownclone.com if you wanna start building pedals.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
i heard a guitar built from a kit like that

it sounded really bad

i felt bad for the guy who made it cause he spent like 10 hours on a custom paint job
(jim morrison mural)
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
You should get one of the cigar box guitar kits. They're about 50$ on ebay.
never buy a kit on ebay
General Guitar Gadgets for pedals, carvin & Warmoth for guitar kits/ parts
If you want a premade kit, build your own clone has some great pedal kits available.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
You guys are awesome help! Any other places for pedal building? Just shopping around.

Also, if I paint my pedal, would acrylics work?
Les Paul, Strat, Tele
Carvin x100b, Epip VJr, Crate V33
Carvin 4x12, 2x12
you can really paint those pedals with anything as long as you hit it with a clear coat afterwards. i've seen someone use nail polish on them before.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
do the guitar i found this sick double neck king v on ebay thats what i would do
IM AMAZING
No. Don't get one of those kits. The frets are seated badly, the necks are ****, the bodies are crap, the electronics are terrible, and they are usually damaged in one way or another when they arrive. I have a friend who bought one.
I would suggest getting a stewmac kit or a kit from Grizzly.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
Quote by Emoishboy
No. Don't get one of those kits. The frets are seated badly, the necks are ****, the bodies are crap, the electronics are terrible, and they are usually damaged in one way or another when they arrive. I have a friend who bought one.

Would this kit count? I see it's very inexpensive.=p The reason I'm asking is cause I have a little brother who would like to make/play guitar, himself.=]
Quote by Emoishboy

ya i heard that i dont know i just thought the body looked sexy i mean you could get the kit then get new pickups and refret it yourself or get it setup by a pro
IM AMAZING
Quote by Weavel33
Would this kit count? I see it's very inexpensive.=p The reason I'm asking is cause I have a little brother who would like to make/play guitar, himself.=]

could work for a younger kid, often the basic mechanics of playing are better learned on something that will provide a hefty challenge for your fingers, so that when he does decide to invest in his own guitar, it'll be a lot better, and easier to play.
------

Shwiggity.
^

we've already established that Saga kits are approximately 97% crap.

but they are buildable.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
^

we've already established that Saga kits are approximately 97% crap.

but they are buildable.

FOR THE MONEY no they are not, for building a nice guitar, I'll damn sure vouch that they suck, there's also a small time place that somebody mentioned in a thread, but the name escapes me.
Quote by deftonesordie
could work for a younger kid, often the basic mechanics of playing are better learned on something that will provide a hefty challenge for your fingers, so that when he does decide to invest in his own guitar, it'll be a lot better, and easier to play.

yeah, that makes sense.

thanks.=]
And how many left-handed guitars are there? Ya, thats what I thought. Not cool man, not cool.
Quote by JasonArp
I want to build something, I honestly don't care what it is.

Guitar, pedal, amp... pick? Something?

Anything. I was looking at all these crazy ebay build kits that have all the pre cut and pre made stuff, you just do the electronic and custom work. Do these have any quality and are they worth the price?

This is my first build of anything (besides skateboard ramps from back in the day, haha), so I need something easyish.

Thanks, Jason
yes, i think a pick would be a very easy build.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.