ok my bday is coming up and my dad has decided to be ridiculously awesome and buy me a new guitar but now i need to decide which one

i want a guitar for mainly punk , hardcore and stuff like that but a good clean tone is VERY important to me
id prefer 24 frets and a set neck o yea and NO floyd rose
the budget is about 1000 US but if its really worth it ill pitch in and pay some more

now go nuts
and thanks in advance
Last edited by kennel at Feb 25, 2009,
punk you say?? and you want a clean tone? try a HSS strat? if not, i hear Ibanez RGs can do clean very well. still go out there and try some.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
im using a peavey bandit 112

and im NOT gunna upgrade too soon so dont recommend a new amp
a grand could get you a really nice amp. if i were you i would spend it on that.

as for guitars go, i reccomend a fat strat. i have an rg and i like the look and the feel but i dont like the tone. a strat would blow it away for punk and cleans. i personally think a strat suits punk and cleans better than a les paul but you might want to look into that as well. i dont think esps, and jacksons would be ideal considering that you need good cleans. there might be a schecter worth looking into but i think your choice should be between a les paul and a strat.
see i really need a guitar but i can deal with my amp

atm im playing a ibanez gax 30 and the necks warped pickups are dying and its just not im good shape
(i dont treat it just has seemed to die on me)

so u get the picture
not a bad idea but i kinda just got this amp (pathetic i know)

and i really want a guitar that is great quality and will last
Quote by kennel
not a bad idea but i kinda just got this amp (pathetic i know)

and i really want a guitar that is great quality and will last

to be fair, the bandit is good for a solid state amp.
+1 for the HSS Strat.
Get a good neck pickup and you can have a great clean tone.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
ive had a look at hss strats they seem to be nice but form what ive played i dont really like the feel of most fenders and i prob wont go for a ibanez kuz im not the biggest fan of metal

but does anyone know how the schecter c-1 classic plays?
Your not a big fan of metal but you want a Schecter. Schecter is 50x more metal then Ibanez.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
lol yea i get ppl saying that but the classic from what ive seen is like anti metal
Quote by random_B-RAD
Your not a big fan of metal but you want a Schecter. Schecter is 50x more metal then Ibanez.

I disagree sir

EDIT: I mean about scheter being more metal but who cares this is a pointless post anyway
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
All but one of Reverend's guitars list for around $800-$900. I just got their Buckshot model which would be great for punk and hardcore with a bridge pickup upgrade. The stock neck mini-humbucker is buttery smooth and clean. They even have a flying V style guitar if that floats your boat.