1) every one says if you wan improve your improve slkills learn scales. What are they talking about?

2) Same as above can someone explain whay people mean when they say"learn some theory"

Thanks Morrie
Last edited by Morrie2995 at Feb 24, 2009,
Quote by Morrie2995
1) every one says if you wan improve your improve slkills learn sclaes. What are they talking about?

2) Same as above can someone explain whay people mean when they say"learn some theory"

Thanks Morrie

1. Sclaes are a bottom-dwelling sea fish, found in trenches deep in the south Pacific Ocean. Learn them.

2. Whay are yay taylkayn layke thay?
They obviously want you to improve your scales and theory.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Musician talk forum.

Its there fore a reason.

I would answer your questions but then it would defeat the purpose of actually having the musicians talk forum.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
youll get more serious examples in the music theory forum.

but a scale is just a series of notes that goes from one note to the same note in a higher octave. like the major scale(do re mi fa so la ti do). theres a bunch of them, and people use them for soloing and writing melodies.

anyway, go ask the eggheads.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by soulflyV
1. Sclaes are a bottom-dwelling sea fish, found in trenches deep in the south Pacific Ocean. Learn them.

2. Whay are yay taylkayn layke thay?

lolz uu are funny.
Quote by Lolcheez324
1 time i was home alone and i said i want a cheeseburger and then mah dad got home and he had a bag of potatoes
Quote by Morrie2995
1) every one says if you wan improve your improve slkills learn sclaes. What are they talking about?

Thanks Morrie

Probably what they mean when they say "learn some English".

Scales will help you when you improvise and write, they will also help you understand pieces you play, intervals, how chords are constructed and much more. MT.