Hey guys. Im looking for a new guitar. Im using a schecter c1 classic with BKP Painkillers. I find the Schecter to be extremely uncomfortable, especially when standing. I thought I was just gonna have to get used to it, but after playing an SG the other day, I think not. The Schecter neck is far too bulky. I have pretty small hands. I have a Jackson dk2m, which is even worse, so a thin neck doesnt look like the answer.
But other than that. I play hardcore and metal. Something with EMGs would be cool.
More than anything I want something comfortable, i dont mind too much about downgrading a little. I was looking at the ltd ec1000, bt im open to any suggestions.
if you like SG's why not get one of them?
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
I dont really like the sg much, its just alot more comfortable for my hand when Im standing, the size of the neck.
the c-1 schecters have thin necks so how small are your hands, jesus christ

umm ibanez with a wizard neck
Go to your nearest guitar store and try everything out.
When you play a nice guitar that is comfortable it will just jump out at you.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Actually, the c1 neck is quite thick. The wizard neck isnt too far from a jackson, theyre quite big necks, just thin.
Please dont reply if youre nt going to be helpful.
I dont live anywhere near a guitar store, having an idea on where to start would be helpful. They dnt have alot of guitars either tbh.
Hows the ec?
Quote by sdmf.1919
I dont live anywhere near a guitar store, having an idea on where to start would be helpful. They dnt have alot of guitars either tbh.
Hows the ec?

So, you want a smallish neck that is NOT wide.
Quite difficult to recommend something, thus the reason for recommending you go to a store and try everything out.

Perhaps, and this is a bit of a long shot, you try out a Fender Strat, and if the neck is good, you could mod one to suite your needs [buy a black one and put in your preferred pickups].

Also, what's an ec?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by sdmf.1919
Ec1000. Ive thought about a strat actually, but I need my 22 frets if not 24.

Most strats have 22 frets - I think only reissues of older strats will commonly have 21 frets.
My strat has 22 frets, every Strat I've played has 22 frets.

I think the Ec is a solid series - but I've never played them.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by sdmf.1919
Actually, the c1 neck is quite thick. The wizard neck isnt too far from a jackson, theyre quite big necks, just thin.
Please dont reply if youre nt going to be helpful.

I dont find them thick at all and i play a c-1 elite

i must just have big hands
Quote by sdmf.1919
Hey guys. Im looking for a new guitar. Im using a schecter c1 classic with BKP Painkillers. I find the Schecter to be extremely uncomfortable, especially when standing. I thought I was just gonna have to get used to it, but after playing an SG the other day, I think not. The Schecter neck is far too bulky. I have pretty small hands. I have a Jackson dk2m, which is even worse, so a thin neck doesnt look like the answer.
But other than that. I play hardcore and metal. Something with EMGs would be cool.

LTD EX or KH line...
gear
[="======================"]
ESP-LTD EX400 (black)
ESP-LTD Truckster (primer)
ESP-LTD MX130 (black)
Boss MT-2
Crate GX-60c [stock chorus/reverb]
just go to a music shop and try as many guitars as you can. then you will really know what you want
Wait, schechter is too thick and you want a strat?
I don't get it =[

How about either an RG or a LTD Eclipse?
Ibanez ICT-700 WH

Behringer V-Amp Pro

Fender Frontman 25A
I played a schecter and i hated the neck, I thought it was the worst neck I've ever played. I own a strat and an RG. But anyway, try the strat and some 24 3/4 scale guitars. They tend to have different neck shapes then those other guitars you play. They're usually more similar to the SG. The EC would be a good choice.