Page 1 of 2
Rise Against
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by lavazza
Uhm judging by the answers people think that this is a wide subgenre........Mine are probably Reagan Yout and MDC, but I could also quote axe:

"What about all these ****ty threads lately?"

For some reason, I thought you were saying Run DMC. I'll say them.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
the Dicks.
Reagan Youth.
MDC.

ezledit: and Los Crudos.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Last edited by ezlntrooper at Feb 24, 2009,
reagan youth and MDC
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Dead Kennedys.

inb4 you all act like fags and say they're not hardcore.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Bad Brains....the best hardcore band ever, or maybe DK and Yeagan Youth. btw what the ****? rise against and the sex pistols? seriously?
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Dempsey68
sex pistols

Not a hardcore punk band.
Quote by Farether
Rise Against

Not a hardcore punk band.

And Blood Guts and Pussy is the best hardcore punk album, but I can't really say as far as my favorite band.

Jack my swag
Get Rad
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by gopherthegreat
And Blood Guts and Pussy is the best hardcore punk album, but I can't really say as far as my favorite band.
And that's why I love you Logan.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
For some reason, I thought you were saying Run DMC. I'll say them.

MC Hammer.
Quote by RockThe40oz
Why do so many people like MDC? I think they're awful...

thats your opinion. can u honestly say that there isnt one band u like that someone else hates?
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Of course it's his opinion. He certainly didn't try to present it as a fact. And I'm sure he knows that there are bands that he likes that other people don't like. I think you took his post a little too seriously. He just meant he doesn't like the band.
Quote by DempseyPunk
thats your opinion. can u honestly say that there isnt one band u like that someone else hates?

No, seriously... why do so many people like them? Maybe I'm just listening to the wrong albums or something (Millions of Dead Cops / More Dead Cops), but it just sounds like boring music with disjointed vocals for the most part... sure they have a couple alright songs, but I can't see why they'd be such a popular pick for favorite hardcore band.
Quote by BR0KENHEARTED
Flavor Flav

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH BOOOOYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Quote by mr.joopy987
Bad Brains

First full length is flawless.

Their first full length is so good that I don't even care that they hate gay people. Its that good.
Quote by RockThe40oz
No, seriously... why do so many people like them? Maybe I'm just listening to the wrong albums or something (Millions of Dead Cops / More Dead Cops), but it just sounds like boring music with disjointed vocals for the most part... sure they have a couple alright songs, but I can't see why they'd be such a popular pick for favorite hardcore band.

i love them. i cant explain why, i just do. i have to admit, they can be boorishly slow sometimes, but if you like em, you like em.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Kurasuke
Their first full length is so good that I don't even care that they hate gay people. Its that good.

Exactly. HR could kill my family and I would still listen to this record.
Quote by pinheadslts75
Adolescents.

Can't believe no one said that already.
That's because they made a good album and the rest of them suck.
Bad Brains
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by axeslash
That's because they made a good album and the rest of them suck.

Because everything after their self titled release was in essence a reunion album.
Quote by mr.joopy987
Bad Brains

First full length is flawless.

I dont know, I realyy dislike reggae ,so those parts really bring me down, but the rest is on point.
I don't usually care for reggae but the Bad Brains do it extremely well.
I really like 7 Seconds but only because of Kevin Seconds' voice. Which hasn't aged well, unfortunately.
i think we can all agree bad brains won.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by RockThe40oz

The music isn´t that awesome, though John Wayne was a Nazi or Nazis shouldn´t drive are also musicially awesome.
They just have million times more charm than nearly any other punk-, especially hardcore band. They have great lyrics in my opinion and which is rare in hardcore, totally fine ideals. Dave Dictor had enough courage to tell some tough guys that he was a homsexual and he gigged in womens´ dresses.
Furthermore they had really fine ideas, for example Chicken Squawk or this awesome live solo in secret to a long live (which is an acoustic song I think).

Quote by DempseyPunk
i think we can all agree bad brains won.

We can all agree that they are homophobe pricks and we can agree that their Reggea stuff is awful and we can agree that theie new album isn´t good.........ok Big Takeover is a really good song.
Last edited by lavazza at Feb 26, 2009,
Whenever I listen to the Bad Brains I always feel as if I've been tricked into listening to Reggae.
Quote by axeslash
Whenever I listen to the Bad Brains I always feel as if I've been tricked into listening to Reggae.

ha

reggae-core!
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Page 1 of 2