hey guys, im geting my ESP LTD EC1000 guitar soon, so i would like to know if it got good strings for heavy metal or i must use another type of strings . i saw that many people use Ernie Ball but there isn't any of them in my country , do any one of you know anything about D'Addario EXL strings

p.s ( im looking for 010-.052 gauge or 011-.049 )

Well im using dadario exl 110 strings 10-46. The ones i use sound very brite which are supposed to do so, anyway im very satisfied with them.
D'Adarrio's are excellent strings. They are a whole notch better that Ernie Balls. Ernie Balls break sooner, don't feel as nice, and go limp more quickly. In my opinion anyway.
AL
Quote by metallica4ever7
hey guys, im geting my ESP LTD EC1000 guitar soon, so i would like to know if it got good strings for heavy metal or i must use another type of strings . i saw that many people use Ernie Ball but there isn't any of them in my country , do any one of you know anything about D'Addario EXL strings

p.s ( im looking for 010-.052 gauge or 011-.049 )

i like the ernie ball power slinky strings - they're 11-48..love 'em

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ernie-Ball-2220-Nickel-Power-Slinky-Purple-Buy-10-Get-2-Free?sku=101773
gear
[="======================"]
ESP-LTD EX400 (black)
ESP-LTD Truckster (primer)
ESP-LTD MX130 (black)
Boss MT-2
Crate GX-60c [stock chorus/reverb]
I'd suggest going out and try some on your own, cause we can't really help you. Everyone has his own prefeferences concerning strings. I tried so many different i cant really remember all. Now I'm playing Ernie Balls and I'm take them over any Daddarios I tried (except for acoustic, but thats something completly different). You see, everyone to its own. Just go out and try as much as you can.

Since you're playing Metal, i'd say start with heavy gauges as you mentioned. 12-52, 10-52, 9-48. Start with the 52s and decrease the size when they don't feel right.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Yep, the Cort I just got has those and its a purely metal guitar. Sounds fine even if they did take a little longer to 'bed in' than Ernie Ball.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Adam Loeke
D'Adarrio's are excellent strings. They are a whole notch better that Ernie Balls. Ernie Balls break sooner, don't feel as nice, and go limp more quickly. In my opinion anyway.
I've actually experienced the opposite. D'Adarrio's tended to break faster on my guitar. They're nice strings though.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
i just switched from Ernie ball hybrids to Dunlop 9-46.

the Dunlops so far are f`ing great. i use a kahler trem and use it ALOT and they havn`t broke yet unlike the Ernie balls.
Quote by Slayerdeath
i just switched from Ernie ball hybrids to Dunlop 9-46.

the Dunlops so far are f`ing great. i use a kahler trem and use it ALOT and they havn`t broke yet unlike the Ernie balls.

I think dunlops are D'addarios aren't they? They are just rebranded. I'm not sure though. I knwo d'addario makes most strings. There are really only like 3 string companies in the united states and all the other brands are just rebranded. most coming from d'addario.

The dimebag 10-52 DR's are just amazing and so bright they stay in tune and I have kept strings on my guitar for like 5 months before and it still sound like I just put them on. It's amazing how long they last. Ernie ball loses tone in 2 weeks.