Page 1 of 2
Has anyone ever either taken your guitar and dont something stupid or rude, or maybe even abused it in a disgustingly obvious way? post your stories , jokes and grievances here! try to keep it short though we all (should) have lives here you know? post away.
Being a Bass player is pretty LOW i.m.o...
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
(coming soon) hand built superstrat style.
(coming soon) hand built mahogany spruce top acoustic.
Fender Mustang I 20w
Line 6 FLoor POD (standard)
Quote by Adam Loeke
I urinated on mine in order to "mark my turf."

^

It seems like everytime somebody plays my guitar...they either change the tuning or break a string.
My mate left my les paul on my wall hanger, but not by the headstock, it was half on the headstock and half on the high e tuner!! Pissed me off. Coulda done some damage.
Quote by McShredder
My mate left my les paul on my wall hanger, but not by the headstock, it was half on the headstock and half on the high e tuner!! Pissed me off. Coulda done some damage.

what a retard. I'd a kicked him in the high tuner if you know what I mean,
Quote by sglover34479
what a retard. I'd a kicked him in the high tuner if you know what I mean,

LMAO!
Not really. My own band mates a number of years ago once un-tuned all of my strings before we went on stage. Pretty stupid ruining the whole performance like that.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by Dolly*rocker
Someone played an Oasis song on mine*

*no offence to Oasis fans

LMFAO!!!!!!
Someone who plays a PRS copy through a spider III came into my music room to jam one day.I let him play my Warmoth build through my JSX combo as a gesture of good faith.Well,he detuned the **** out of the poor guitar and then scooped the mids out of my EQ on the JSX,then he played incredibly sloppy Pantera covers and went on about how Dime was the greatest guitarist ever.After this cringe inducing event he proceeded to tell me that my rig sucked and that tubes were overrated saying something like "My Line 6 can get the exact sound of dozens of tube amps,so there's no reason to buy tube amps anymore".Words can't express the epic facepalm that I did after hearing that.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

WHen I was 15 and i had my first guitar, my friend came to my house after we went drinking, my guitar was on thebed he was supposed to sleep on, and he through it on the floor, i punched him in the face for that.

Since then, no one has done anything stupid, cause the only people that touch my guitars besides me is pretty much my best friend who's a much better guitarist than I am, and he's also played twice as long as I have...so he knows not to do dick like things to another dudes guitar
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Feb 24, 2009,
well, everyone tries to drop tune my guitars with floating trems (almost invariably drop D) without asking or without giving half a crap about whether it has a floating trem or not (surely they should either know about this, or they shouldn't be drop tuning someone elses guitar in the first place), then when all the other strings go sharp they randomly screw around with it until it's seriously out of tune, then they just put it to one side and run away so when i come back the guitar is badly out of tune and i have to retune it with the floating trem (Which can be very time consuming and has wasted a lot of rehearsal time at college) and nobody seems to take responsibility for it. they just hide or blame someone else.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
well, everyone tries to drop tune my guitars (almost invariably drop D) without asking or without giving half a crap about whether it might have a floating trem or not, then when all the other strings go sharp they randomly screw around with it until it's seriously out of tune, then they just put it to one side and run away so when i come back the guitar is badly out of tune and i have to retune it with the floating trem (Which can be very time consuming and has wasted a lot of rehearsal time at college) and nobody seems to take responsibility for it. they just hide or blame someone else.

Blame canada!
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
my friend turned on my brand new ac30HH and just started playing without letting the tubes warm or anything, same kid also left my old marshallmg(i know i know) on over night, i guess it wouldnt do much since its solid state but still not cool
Quote by Adam Loeke
I urinated on mine in order to "mark my turf."

Quote by sglover34479
I turf on mine to mark my urine.

I think I'm going to sig that
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by eberg2
my friend turned on my brand new ac30HH and just started playing without letting the tubes warm or anything, same kid also left my old marshallmg(i know i know) on over night, i guess it wouldnt do much since its solid state but still not cool

oh yeah that reminds me, why are the majority of guitarists my age complete assholes when it comes to other peoples gear? do they just not give a crap about it because its not theirs?

somebody "borrowed" my power cable from my amp at college without telling me and without returning it - it had my name on it and everything. i actually found it, eventually, albeit with the label half-peeled off, just lying around.

also my amp at college gets seriously abused like that - it's had footballs kicked at it (the sign at the back that says "danger" which also serves to protect the tubes, was hit by a football, right before a gig and it bend back almost far enough to knock the tubes out or damage them. i don't mind people using it as long as they let it warm up like i tell them to, but most of the time they don't so i stopped letting people use it. sometimes they just use it anyway, and when they've finished with it, they just yank the power lead out of the wall plug without even switching it to standby, let alone power off.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
A friend of mine tried to play metal on my Dot.

Needless to say, he failed.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
I personally hate it when you let somebody play your guitar and then you ask for it back after a few minutes and they don't give it back to you. They either say "Hold on, one second" and keep playing or just keep playing and make a stupid face at you like they're being cute. It's not cute. It's not cool. Give me my damned guitar back, because frankly you suck balls at playing it.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Quote by Mo Jiggity
I personally hate it when you let somebody play your guitar and then you ask for it back after a few minutes and they don't give it back to you. They either say "Hold on, one second" and keep playing or just keep playing and make a stupid face at you like they're being cute. It's not cute. It's not cool. Give me my damned guitar back, because frankly you suck balls at playing it.

This x25,000
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
Quote by Mo Jiggity

Oh hell ****ing yes to this, DRIVES ME CRAZY!!
Quote by Blompcube
oh yeah that reminds me, why are the majority of guitarists my age complete assholes when it comes to other peoples gear? do they just not give a crap about it because its not theirs?

it was my ****ing drummer, ****ty friend anyways
Quote by Mo Jiggity

yesyesyesyesyes!
i hate when the one faggot in the group goes, hey let me play, when everybody else is screaming at the dumb S.O.B. ta shut up and let someone who actually puts time into a guitar play. ****ing drummers, the kids where i live always act like their freaking amazing, this one kid told me he had faster fingers than dime, he knows absolutely nothing about guitar. another thing can't stand is when someone says you're playing something wrong when you fu**ing made it up. and people that tell you your tuning's wrong when they fu**ed it all up in the first place.
Quote by blandguitar
i hate when the one faggot in the group goes, hey let me play, when everybody else is screaming at the dumb S.O.B. ta shut up and let someone who actually puts time into a guitar play. ****ing drummers, the kids where i live always act like their freaking amazing, this one kid told me he had faster fingers than dime, he knows absolutely nothing about guitar. another thing can't stand is when someone says you're playing something wrong when you fu**ing made it up. and people that tell you your tuning's wrong when they fu**ed it all up in the first place.

I absolutely hate when a beginner/non-guitarist tells me my guitar is out of tune just because it isn't in standard tuning.Another thing,when people just sit there and say things like "Hey,play this song","Can you play this???","You should play this part",and so on.It seems beginners and people outside of the music world think that a musicians worth is based on how many covers they can play and whether or not they have a video on youtube

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

A friend of mine slept over at my house, got high, and ejaculated on my guitar, right above the pickups. When I played at my gig the next day, the guitar wouldn't work. Later on he told me what happened.
Quote by Pr0gNut
I absolutely hate when a beginner/non-guitarist tells me my guitar is out of tune just because it isn't in standard tuning.Another thing,when people just sit there and say things like "Hey,play this song","Can you play this???","You should play this part",and so on.It seems beginners and people outside of the music world think that a musicians worth is based on how many covers they can play and whether or not they have a video on youtube

i'm no expert, only been playing for a year, but i hate people that brag about being good and only play covers, i just tell them to suck it because they can't do sh**. and guitars sound awesome when de-tuned, but people are fu**ing idiots.

Quote by Brownie2
A friend of mine slept over at my house, got high, and ejaculated on my guitar, right above the pickups. When I played at my gig the next day, the guitar wouldn't work. Later on he told me what happened.

i would've beat his ass, my friends know better than to **** with my guitars, i don't even care if they smash my stereo system, but if they even broke a string i'd be pissed as hell, unless they were mad old strings.
Quote by Blompcube

An absolute @rsehole who was once my best friend really pissed me off a year ago. I brought in my brand new Ibanez S470 to generally show off. He's a pretty accomplished guitarist and we used to be great friends, so when he asked to borrow it while I went to class, I trusted him.

Oh boy.

I came out of class to find my brand new guitar (in its soft case, thank God!) IN A BIN! I was about thirty seconds from killing him for that. Suffice to say, we are no longer friends; whenever I see him, over all the good times we had together, the guitar incident is the only one I can remember, and I won't forgive him.

His excuse? "I don't like Ibanez"

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Quote by quantum leap
An absolute @rsehole who was once my best friend really pissed me off a year ago. I brought in my brand new Ibanez S470 to generally show off. He's a pretty accomplished guitarist and we used to be great friends, so when he asked to borrow it while I went to class, I trusted him.

Oh boy.

I came out of class to find my brand new guitar (in its soft case, thank God!) IN A BIN! I was about thirty seconds from killing him for that. Suffice to say, we are no longer friends; whenever I see him, over all the good times we had together, the guitar incident is the only one I can remember, and I won't forgive him.

His excuse? "I don't like Ibanez"

Well, you can't say he has no balls. In his opinion he was probably keeping you from danger, that's what friends are supposed to be doing.

In all seriousness, I do not agree with him, and it's a terrible act.
Last edited by Y00p at Feb 24, 2009,
my older brother took my guitar and started strumming all of the open strings very hard. i told him to stop and he acted like i was overreacting. he was like "omg yea this is gonna break it"
Quote by Sampy
A friend of mine tried to play metal on my Dot.

Needless to say, he failed.

I play metal on my own dot.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
My friend, who often brags that he's the best guitarist In the entire highschool. (he plays emo/death metal) Wanted to play on my guitar. At first I said no, than he told me I was an aashole and if I didn't let him play he wouldn't pay me the $40 he owes me. (and still owes me $25). So I say fine and leave to get a drink and grill up a burger. I come back maybe 10 minutes later and he's got the guitar tuned down to like drop C or D. On my ****ing trem! Chugging along in this terrible tuned low 2 power chord chug. Than has the BALLS to say hey you didn't get me a burger bitch! Your ****ing gear sucks man! I so wanted to ****ing kill him.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Page 1 of 2