I'm a huge metal fan, but it seems that the genre is getting trashed with crappier bands as time goes on( ), so my question is: Who would you say is the all-time worst newer metal band?

I'd define "newer" as late 90's to present.

And mine would either be Dragonforce or earlier Disturbed.
coal chamber

(cant remember whether it was early or late 90's)
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Don't forget bands like
five finger fist or something like that
Job for Cowboy
All those new stupid screamo bands
also bands that use a **** load of double bass on drums thru the whole song nonstop is just dam annoying
your mom's a bad metal band.

zing

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at Feb 24, 2009,
it annoys me when turds refer to elliot minor and kids in glass houses as metal.

but certainly bring me the horizon or limp bizkit
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
^is your post intentionally ironic?

why yes it is

cookies for you
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Quote by Heminator89
Mastodon. ****tiest band I've listened to. Big ****ing show offs!

Honestly? Mastodon have some progressive elements and you think they're show offs when there are tech death bands that are practically nothing but scale practicing? (Brain Drill, I'm looking at you.)

On topic, Five Finger Death Punch. Absolutely no redeeming qualities at all.
I yam what I yam
Quote by Mezmerized
Honestly? Mastodon have some progressive elements and you think they're show offs when there are tech death bands that are practically nothing but scale practicing? (Brain Drill, I'm looking at you.)

On topic, Five Finger Death Punch. Absolutely no redeeming qualities at all.

Brain Drill don't run scales, they're much too busy sweeping
The genre isn't getting crappier at all. I got into proper Metal through Nu Metal...there are some kids that really dig that stuff. Just like Metal has craptastic bands, so does Nu Metal, and every other genre.

But honestly, I hate Bring Me the Horizon, in part due to their music, but mostly to what they represent. I know this is gonna seem biased or whatever the hell, but I don't care. If they were just making crappy music, I wouldn't care so much. But they're making crappy music, and have enough of a following to spawn bands like this.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
^

Brokencyde is so bad. Those dudes make the funniest faces I've ever seen.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Last edited by Monolith295 at Feb 24, 2009,
Quote by Firenze
But they're making crappy music, and have enough of a following to spawn bands like this.

Those guys are BMTH band members? God I thought it couldn't get any worse...

And wtf at all the Dragonforce posts. Seriously, even if you really don't like them, you can't possibly deny that there are THOUSANDS of bands that come nowhere close to them.
○ ○ ○ ○ ○
slipknot, linkin park ....

and really why do you catch on DF their good
All these bands you guys have said aren't really metal, they're Nu-Metal and Metalcore bands, which aren't metal
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
People who blindly lump Dragonforce in with 'Crap bands' is a fucking moron. The type of people who do are the type of people who obviously didn't 'get' that they are nothing more than a fun band. And that they've never pretended to be any more than a fun band. Fair enough if you don't like them, but stop fucking band-wagoning, they don't deserve the shit people are slinging at them.

"ew but everyone likes them because of Guitar Hero". Fuck off.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link