3) get the peel
4) rub all over your guitar
5)??????????
6?PROFIT

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Are you talking about that weird orange paint texture on your overhaul? Cause I thought that was pretty neat.=]

I'm also curious to know how this works.
I challenge your role of Smartass.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
You'll use a lot more paint than you want to, but couldn't you just spray from as far away as possible?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Spray heavy coats.

You could get experimental and some how try and paint over sand, that would give you a pretty textured effect.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Spray in a slightly-more-humid area, don't sand well enough between coats, spray heavy coats...

It's not hard to get orange-peel.

And it does look pretty neat. My '83 Peavey is orange-peeled all-over.
I have not tried painting a guitar yet but I know from experience that if you paint with an enamel based paint, let it completely dry and then paint a heavy coat of laquer based paint on top of it the solvent in the laquer will melt the enamel and leave a very ruff orange peel effect when your done. good luck if you ever want to sand it off though.
heavy coats, not the greatest prep work, spray close, dont go too crazy buffing, and if its hanging if it moves or flexes(which i doubt will happen with a guitar). Thats pretty much how it happens on cars.
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
In cabinetry we generally try o avoid this but spray a decent coat, while its wet spray another heavy coat in a humid, maybe cold are(heat will evap moisture) and you could always try misting it but would try first approach first
Guitars are like voices... only with distortion...
Heavy coats do not produce orange peel. Heavy coats produce runs. Humid conditions can make it blush, especially with laquer products. If you want orange peel, if you are using a mixed product out of a spray gun, use a fast flash thinner or reducer,and turn the air pressure down. This will make the atomized droplets of paint larger, and due to the faster flash thinner, the droplets won't "flow" completely flat before it dries, producing your textured finish.
Quote by Thomme
I would have liked it more if the leprichaun didn't look like it was trying to take a massive dump on the rainbow. But, kuddos, man.