Hey guys

I need a new amp, I play mainly metal. I have a tested a VOX 30w which I'm interested in. Budget is highest 500!

I do own a Marshall MG15W now.

(try not to hate me too much)
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
What styles do you play and what features do you want? There are a lot of nice amps on the used market for around that price.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

don't buy a crate! ive had them twice they sound like poo
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
300 euros?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I recommend a B-52 AT-112 60w Tube Amp .

edit: or a larger one.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by wildwildwes594 at Feb 24, 2009,
500 euro! Well mainly metal, and I love to play calmer songs!

I like the VOX 'cause there is many effects built in!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
check this out, ive heard nothing but awesome reviews

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackstar-HT-Series-HT5H-and-HT110-Guitar-Mini-Half-Stack?sku=489746

and dont worry about it only being 5 watts because in a tube amp thats a LOT of volume
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
Quote by Axeaman
500 euro! Well mainly metal, and I love to play calmer songs!

I like the VOX 'cause there is many effects built in!

I'd go with something like this,I believe it's in your budget,but my dollars to euro math might be a bit messed up.

Bugera 333XL

Very nice mid-range tube combo.There's a huge thread dedicated to them in GG&A,I'm sure there will be plenty of info and a bunch of people who own it to answer any questions you may have about it there.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Kustom Defender 50w 1x12 or my favourite at the moment, Kustom WAV 100 2x12 combo which has more gizmos than you can shake a stick at but will push your budget a bit.

You might get a used Twin Reverb for a bit more, but shipping would be nasty. Those things weigh about 30kg.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

That Bugera is 659 euro, which is kinda much :/
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
If you are willing to get a used amp, you could get an Engl Thunder or Screamer - some people don't like the Thunder for metal, but to my ears, it does it fine. If it doesn't have enough gain for you, a booster pedal can fix that. The Screamer has more gain (and is more versatile in general) and therefore should be right up your alley. It's more expensive though, you'd probably need 600€ to score a used one.

Prices of new ones:
http://www.thomann.de/fi/engl_thunder_50_e322_roehrencombo.htm
http://www.thomann.de/fi/engl_thunder_50_e320_gitarrencombo.htm
http://www.thomann.de/fi/engl_screamer_50_roehrencombo_e330.htm

As you can see there are two different versions of the Thunder, the more expensive one has reverb, the cheaper one doesn't. The prices they go for on ebay are pretty much the same.

Look at used Marshall DSL401 combos, too. I much prefer the Engls, but you'll have to find out for yourself.
http://www.thomann.de/fi/marshall_dsl401.htm

Now if you want something new, you're pretty much bound to get a solid state amp, because high gain tube amps are rare in that price range. For 500€, you can get a Line6 Flextone, which is a very nice modeller with built in effects that works well for metal.
http://www.thomann.de/fi/line6_flextoneiii_egitarrencombo.htm

By the way, are you planning to use the amp for band rehearsals or gigging? Because the ones I posted are pretty loud - if you are only going to use it at home, a smaller amp would suffice.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Feb 24, 2009,
Suomalainen?

Well, I play both at home a with a band so.
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
500 euro is = to about $750 american
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Quote by HouseBoy83
500 euro is = to about $750 american

That's what I thought,and the 333XL is 700 USD,so I don't really see how it's 659 euros TS.Maybe some kind of odd price jack or high shipping rates?

^^It's probably due to taxation. Amps and guitars are generally more expensive in Europe than in the US, except for those which are made in Europe.

Quote by Axeaman
Suomalainen?

Well, I play both at home a with a band so.

In that case you need something loud like the amps I posted. You should at the very least aim at 30w if you go for a solid state amp or 15w if you go for a tube amp.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Feb 24, 2009,
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Quote by TheQuailman
^^It's probably due to taxation. Amps and guitars are generally more expensive in Europe than in the US, except for those which are made in Europe

Ahhh,well that makes sense,and it also sucks haha.

Quote by Axeaman

wow thats like $990 US! damn thats $$$, been then again it always more expensive over seas for some reason.
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA