im buying a very small amp for my trailer and it needs to be small so i plan to use pedals because i love them. Lol i was thinking a cube 30x or micro but i wanted a tube or vintage sound so i was thinking of the Vibro champ by fender, the Vox pathfinder 15r or the kustom tube 12a
Even a 5w tube amp will literally rock a whole trailer. However, I think if you really want that tube sound.... an Epi VJ would work just fine for you

The Cube 30X is a good thought as well, though it's not tube, its still a great little amp.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
idk man i heard bad things bout them and the sound i hear on youtube is not so good also they dont stock em near me
With the Epi VJ you need to push it to 4/10 AT LEAST on the master volume to get a decent tone out of them. However, if that's not the sort of tone you are looking for, you could go with Kustom....good little amps...just know, it WILL be loud
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Even a 5w tube amp will literally rock a whole trailer. However, I think if you really want that tube sound.... an Epi VJ would work just fine for you

The Cube 30X is a good thought as well, though it's not tube, its still a great little amp.

I 2nd the Vj. You've got an eq pedal right?
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I think you should go for a modelling amp, since pedals take more space than a big amp.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Fender Blues Junior. They are pricey for a reason. If you are a pedal person, you'll love this amp. Peavey classic 30 it a good choice too. OH yeah, Those Carvin vintage/tweed combos are excellent!!!

One more thing. When shopping for small tube amps...Do you want an effects loop or no?
AL
Last edited by Adam Loeke at Feb 24, 2009,
The Kustom would be great with a pedals, as would the vox.
DON'T mix modelling amps and pedals, it's just not a nice turnout in the end. i would say a BH killer ant would be the only tube amp you should go for if you don't want to get pretty loud for a trailer. you definitely need an OD pedal though to get rock tones at reasonable levels.

if you don't mind getting something that's not true tube tone, get a vox AD30VT.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
If it's in budget you may want to try a blackstar ht-5 combo. It has an effects loop, 2 channels, and a whopping 5 watts of tube tone. Just something else to try if possible.
i got the kustom 12a and a marshall governer pedal. I like it. But i have a had a bunch of couponsf for Georges music so i god it for 50 percent off and i got the vox too so now thats in my living room lol
Crate v-series. Great sounding and affordable, lower-wattage tube amps. Mine sounds great a lower volumes.
The Kustom 12 isn't very loud at all. It'll do it but I don't like the way it sounds but I'm a high gainer. I'd get the vypyr 60 watt tube. That's what I got for bedroom practice. I know I suggest that thing to much on here but it's amazing. It will go low volume which is nice most 60 watt tube amps won't but they worked out a post gain and master volume system which allows you to get some tube saturation at low volume and then you can take it and play with the band easily too.
the peavey vypyrs aren't tube. that's why it sounds as good on lower volume as it does on higher.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out