In a nutshell: the single greatest performance or entertainment of any kind that I've experienced in my lifetime.
It was amazing and I would never forget this.

I just came home from an amazing concert of Eric Clapton in the Budokan that lasted for about 2 hours.
For me, the concert had all the things that I love about music: acoustic gutiar solos, a 10 minute texas blues jamming, a lot of 12-bar blues, and of course Eric Clapton.
Me and my parents went to see him in the central arena part, about 50 meters away from clapton.
I saw him clearly thanks to my mom's spare glasses.

He was accompanied by Doyle Bramhall II, the left-handed texan.
You may recognize him from playing besides Roger Waters for a long time.
A great soloist, he can play anything and his slide guitar solo made me almost faint.
Just the appearance of him holding a right handed Flying V as a left hand made him show me as both Albert King and Jimi Hendrix.

They played songs like Layla, Why does love have to be so sad, tears in heaven, wonderful tonight, cocaine, crossroads, I shot the sheriff and others.
It lacked Sunshine of Your Love and white room, but I'm not complaining.

When Eric played the open A string for the intro of Layla, the entire audience stood up.
I was clapping and cheering like an idiot while some were just standing there and appreciating the music.

I've seen Van Halen, Stevie Wonder, and Michael Jackson, but this one was the best performance yet.
I expected it to be a bit cranky because of clapton's age, but that meant nothing as he was MUCH better than in any of the past performances.
The PA was great, the fact that he spoke a bit of Japanese in perfect consonance and accent was just shocking and amazing, and the band itself was solid as ever.

When they come to your country, whether you're a headbanger or a pop fanatic, just check him out, it will be an experience of a lifetime.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
well I sort of just did
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
I've never really enjoyed his music, but I would definately go to see him live. I'm a little jealous that you've seen Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson though...
Quote by lukephillips000
I've never really enjoyed his music, but I would definately go to see him live. I'm a little jealous that you've seen Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson though...

I'm not, I've seen Steps.
RULE BRITANNIA
Just hearing his amazingly complete vibrato in the solo of Motherless Children killed the whole budokan audience

and yes he did that "i'm gonna cum" expression in solos
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
Just hearing his amazingly complete vibrato in the solo of Motherless Children killed the whole budokan audience

How irresponsible of him. Has he been charged yet?
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
How irresponsible of him. Has he been charged yet?

okay, seriously I'm fine with you posting on this thread unless their pointless
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
okay, seriously I'm fine with you posting on this thread unless their pointless

Well thank you very much for your permission
RULE BRITANNIA
Honestly though, the transition from Layla to Cocaine to Crossroads was just AMAZING...
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
No offence but you do make the most pointless threads. If you're going to review something, at least do it in the right place.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by goth clash
No offence but you do make the most pointless threads. If you're going to review something, at least do it in the right place.

well i'm sorry, I don't feel like writing a full review.
i'm not allowed to post a notice that I just watched the greatest guitarist perform live?
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
well i'm sorry, I don't feel like writing a full review.
i'm not allowed to post a notice that I just watched the greatest guitarist perform live?

You could do it in your blog?
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
I guess that's logical, I'll post a blog then.

This is the setlist btw

01. Tell The Truth
02. Key To The Highway
03. Hoochie Coochie Man
04. I Shot The Sheriff
05. Isn't It A Pity
06. Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad
07. Driftin' (EC Solo Blues)
08. Travelin' Alone
09. That's Alright
10. Motherless Child
11. Running On Faith