Guys I'm considering buying an Ibanez SA120, but I'm not sure about whether the bridge is any good. I really need to know whether I can tighten the springs in the back to get the bridge stuck to the body, because I don't plan on using it at all, and I change tunings quite often.
Tighten the springs, put in an extra spring... that should do it. Is it a locking trem?
I'm not an Ibanez guy, but it certainly appears you could do that. Or you could just place a block of wood in there to further ensure the bridge doesn't move. But I'm curious why you would chose a model without a hardtail bridge if you don't plan on using it? Isn't there a better model to fit your style? Just a thought...
Quote by The Naffin
I'm not an Ibanez guy, but it certainly appears you could do that. Or you could just place a block of wood in there to further ensure the bridge doesn't move. But I'm curious why you would chose a model without a hardtail bridge if you don't plan on using it? Isn't there a better model to fit your style? Just a thought...

Yeah I'd definitely prefer a hardtail model, but the thing is that the SA120 is the only model available here at a good price, and I'm really concerned about the tremolo issue.
Quote by TheQuailman
^^+1

Ts, maybe consider this guitar:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_rg321mhww.htm

It is somewhat similar and has a fixed bridge already.

That was a guitar I was considering, the RG321 but it costs a lot where I live, and it's not really worth that much. It's price pretty decent online though, but it costs a LOT more here.
Last edited by Amer91 at Feb 24, 2009,
Its not like its a floyd or something it cant be that hard to change tunings with the trem still being usuable.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Its not like its a floyd or something it cant be that hard to change tunings with the trem still being usuable.

Yeah man it's not a floyd, but it's a floating tremolo. Look at some pictures of it to get an idea.
I'm curious too...I'm planning on buying the SA120 later this year. I guess tightening the screws would be good enough in case I don't like the trem, just like for a Strat?
Quote by Horlicks
SZ series.

Yeah that would be great if only it were available. I don't need suggestions for another guitar I just want to know about the tremolo issue.
Guys let's leave the SZ issue aside and focus on the tremolo issue. Will tightening the springs enough to get the bridge stuck to the body cause any problems?
Quote by Amer91
Guys let's leave the SZ issue aside and focus on the tremolo issue. Will tightening the springs enough to get the bridge stuck to the body cause any problems?

Well the screws shouldn't be screwed in too far as they might damage the neck joint. More springs is a better solution in case your screws aren't doing the job.