ok i know all 5 positions of the e minor pentatonic scale and i omprovise with it and all i just dont know what other scale to learn in eminor any tips
My Gear

Guitars: Jackson DK2t ,
Amp: peavey valvking royal 8 - 5 watt combo
Effects: Zoom g2.1u , Line 6 pod xt
E blues would be good cos its just E minor pentatonic with an extra note, also E minor would be good to learn

but these are all movable shapes so play them in all keys
If you know the 5 positions of the e minor pentatonic scale then you should be able to play the scale in all keys. The next step would be, in my opinion, to learn all the positions of the major scales. Then you can combine as are all relative.
EG; if you add a minor third (go up 3 frets from your root note) and play the major scale, it fits with the minor pentatonic as is relative although you must remember your root note.
If you play A minor pentatonic, you can start at the second note on the 6th string (C) and play the C major scale and combine. - Hope this helps!
Sorry, I should have added, because they are the same scale notes (A minor - C Major) but in a different position which is important to remember you are still playing in A minor.
Quote by Steiger
If you know the 5 positions of the e minor pentatonic scale then you should be able to play the scale in all keys. The next step would be, in my opinion, to learn all the positions of the major scales. Then you can combine as are all relative.
EG; if you add a minor third (go up 3 frets from your root note) and play the major scale, it fits with the minor pentatonic as is relative although you must remember your root note.
If you play A minor pentatonic, you can start at the second note on the 6th string (C) and play the C major scale and combine. - Hope this helps!

Um either im reading wrong or something is badly explained o.O the second fret of the 6th string is F# unless you downtune o.O

edit: unless you meant to word it as "Moving 3 frets up from an A plays a C" that makes sense to me o.O

Please use tags for tabs....
Last edited by Camdon at Feb 24, 2009,
Major scale.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.