Page 1 of 3
So recently I have began delving into this fascinating study, I have gotten several books on the topic and have been researching pretty relentlessly. Theres a lot of studies on involuntary astral travel, what is commonly refered to as an out of body experience, and was wondering if any of you guys have ever experienced something like that.

I am yet to actaully achieve it but from what I have read its not an easy task the first time you do it.

Also just wanted to throw out that this isnt some make believe paranormal bollocks, there were actually tons of studies done in the 60's, one guy in particular was studied very heavily. I cant remember his name but I think his first was Ian.

Also this goes along with biolocation ect, if you wish check out Alphonse de Liguroui September 21, 1744, and Mademoiselle Emilie Sagee in Livonia around the 1840's.

So then back to the begining paragraph- Any of you guys ever had any OOBE's or the like?
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
Also just wanted to throw out that this isnt some make believe paranormal bollocks, there were actually tons of studies done in the 60's, one guy in particular was studied very heavily. I cant remember his name but I think his first was Ian.

They've done studies on alchemy too, does that make it less bollocks?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I did, when i had my brain removed and implanted into my new, shiny, kickass robot body.
Quote by Kensai
They've done studies on alchemy too, does that make it less bollocks?

Yes. As opposed to having done no researching at all.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by sglover34479
Oh sure, blame the wizards.
*poofs into snake and slithers away*

Where did he go??!? Witchcraft, witchcraft I say!

Quote by IwannaBeSadated

No, it doesn't make it less bollocks. You don't measure bollocks like by the number of studies done.

Are there any recorded astral projections?
Quote by Kensai

No, it doesn't make it less bollocks. You don't measure bollocks like by the number of studies done.

Didn't NASA project a laser beam onto the moon? Surely they'd have recorded it.
Quote by Kensai

It's weird hearing a swede say "bollocks"

But yea, until you can show me in a controlled enviroment that it works then it's bs as far as i'm concerned.
Quote by IwannaBeSadated

It's pretty important to note that you neglected to show the results of these studies.
I never had any OOBE's, but I did have a lot of BOOBS to say the least.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Quote by Kensai

Yes. A lot in fact. For instance the guy I mentioned Ian, they had him in a solitary room *this is the most popular recorded astral projection* and in the next room there was a large wooden box hanging on the ceiling a good 60 feet in the air, only one man knew the contents of the box, and he was put in a solitary cell after putting the items in the box and monitered carefuly. In the room with Ian was only a pen and a peice of paper. withing 10 minutes he announced he was ready to come out of the room, they confiscated the paper before letting him out. He had drawn and recorded every thing in the box, including the color of each object. I believe there was a letter opener in a black seathe, a peice of red construction paper shaped as a heart and it was blue. He accuratly depicted everything. This was only one of the studies done theres been so many with this guy.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
do dreams count?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
Yes. A lot in fact. For instance the guy I mentioned Ian, they had him in a solitary room *this is the most popular recorded astral projection* and in the next room there was a large wooden box hanging on the ceiling a good 60 feet in the air, only one man knew the contents of the box, and he was put in a solitary cell after putting the items in the box and monitered carefuly. In the room with Ian was only a pen and a peice of paper. withing 10 minutes he announced he was ready to come out of the room, they confiscated the paper before letting him out. He had drawn and recorded every thing in the box, including the color of each object. I believe there was a letter opener in a black seathe, a peice of red construction paper shaped as a heart and it was blue. He accuratly depicted everything. This was only one of the studies done theres been so many with this guy.

Link? Anything?
Quote by maggot9779

But yea, until you can show me in a controlled enviroment that it works then it's bs as far as i'm concerned.

haha, maybe a new trend.
Anyways I believe we are capable of much more than we are taught by society and scientists.
Quote by Kensai

You know, for a Swede, your quite smart old one.....I may consider eating your brain yet.
Quote by IwannaBeSadated

There's been millions of "results" like that. Most of the paranormal research in the last century has been falsified because they rarely follow an unbiased doctrine, tamper with results, e.t.c.
Quote by IwannaBeSadated

That would seem to indicate that this 'Ian' is a freak of nature, and should be killed. And then burned, and then his ashes should be fired into the sun.
A piece of red construction paper shaped as a heart.
and it was blue?
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by MightyAl
That would seem to indicate that this 'Ian' is a freak of nature, and should be killed. And then burned, and then his ashes should be fired into the sun.

To late. They already did that. But his ashes accidentally landed in my hot coco.
Quote by maggot9779

I doubt you "heard" him say anything.
Quote by The_Casinator
To late. They already did that. But his ashes accidentally landed in my hot coco.

You know, this is how zombie plagues start.
Quote by Kensai
There's been millions of "results" like that. Most of the paranormal research in the last century has been falsified because they rarely follow an unbiased doctrine, tamper with results, e.t.c.

I cant disagree with you- A lot of the things I have read, or studies I have seen or heard about being conducted just seem rediculous. I wont argue that, however, From personal experience I also know to not simply discard information because a scientist is trying to make a name for himself. Sometimes its a matter of hearing both sides of a story. No point in discrediting something just because it sounds silly.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by MightyAl

ashes fired into the sun? then he would be astrally projected right?
Quote by MightyAl
You know, this is how zombie plagues start.

Thank god I live in a quiet mountain town.
Wich is kind of funny because there are no mountains in the country I live.
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
I cant disagree with you- A lot of the things I have read, or studies I have seen or heard about being conducted just seem rediculous. I wont argue that, however, From personal experience I also know to not simply discard information because a scientist is trying to make a name for himself. Sometimes its a matter of hearing both sides of a story. No point in discrediting something just because it sounds silly.

Agreed. I don't discredit because it sounds silly; I just don't give it credit until I see it fit to gain credit.

It would be interesting to see a recent, more properly conducted study of this. Have there been any in recent years?
Quote by JDawg
I doubt you "heard" him say anything.

He whispered it in my ear last night. Which is strange because I don't remember letting him in my house......

Now that I think about it....I did wake up with a ring of fire...

DAMN YOU KENSAI!!!!
Quote by Karl198
ashes fired into the sun? then he would be astrally projected right?

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

that is all.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
When I get really calm and am just zoning out; I sometimes "see" myself from above and behind myself. I still have control of my hands and whatnot and can watch myself move them. I think this is mostly an overactive imagination venting in some form or another though. I also see shadow people on a regular basis; this however is not an overactive imagination (I don't think). That has been happening to me ever since I was a small child; and I have such vivid memories of them "beating me" and "yelling at me" while I was pinned to the bed (unable to move any thing or scream), that I simply cannot believe I just made it up for almost 20 years now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people (I always see the "hat men" or pygmy version of the hat men)
seems like TS is wasting his money.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Meditate and dance to Psy & Goa Trance.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by sglover34479
Oh sure, blame the wizards.
*poofs into snake and slithers away*

We wizards need to revolt!!!
*poofs into an owl and flies off to bring more wizards*

but seriously, it's all bull.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by maggot9779
He whispered it in my ear last night. Which is strange because I don't remember letting him in my house......

Now that I think about it....I did wake up with a ring of fire...

DAMN YOU KENSAI!!!!

I feel into a burning ring of fire, I Went Down, Down, Down and The Flames Went Higher!

Quote by ZanasCross
I also see shadow people on a regular basis; this however is not an overactive imagination (I don't think).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

Quote by ZanasCross
That has been happening to me ever since I was a small child; and I have such vivid memories of them "beating me" and "yelling at me" while I was pinned to the bed (unable to move any thing or scream), that I simply cannot believe I just made it up for almost 20 years now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Seriously... I'd get that checked out before it develops further.
Quote by Kensai

Seriously... I'd get that checked out before it develops further.

Agreed... Sleep Paralysis=scary... Get it checked out or something because I've had it a few times and it scares the living shit out of me.
Sleep paralysis can be a VERY scary thing if you don't know what it is. It can cause hallucinations and such, and is the cause of many reports of alien abductions, shadow people, and out of body experiences.

It does no physical harm, and is a natural phase in development. It is pretty common to happen in your teenage years and it's natural to happen rarely into adulthood. I've experienced it two times that I remember, but if it chronically persists well into adulthood you might want to seek help.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
I'm sure it can happen, my old RE teacher was telling us how her friend had one on the operating table, she could hear what all the doctors said and could see everything, she told the doctors afterwards what colour stitching they used inside and allsorts of stuff she wouldn't have known without being concious in some way.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Page 1 of 3