This is mostly about what I should do with a Celestion G10 speaker that may have been a wasted purchase. See I used to have a Vox Ad15vt-xl that I eventually traded in toward the purchase of my current Crate. However before I traded it I tried some things to attempt to get more out of it starting with putting in a tungsol 12ax7, and leading onto a purchase of the G10. While I probably could have put more time into allowing the speaker to break-in, it just didn't seem to make a positive enough difference. Ultimately I removed the speaker and the replacement tube and sold the Vox.

With like zero return policy on raw frame speakers, I have a potentially useful 10" speaker and nothing to do with it. I can't put it in my Crate v50 which could use a speaker upgrade (Eminence?) but is 12". Also I find that I probably underestimated the output of a 1x12" 50watt tube amp, especially for practice at home. Even in the basement of my house, my neighbors think I am playing in the living room (row housing).

So the question is do you guys think it would be more feasible to try and sell the speaker and deal with playing my 50watt tube at low volumes. Or perhaps purchase a cheap low wattage tube amp that takes a 10" speaker like the Crate V5.
Guitars: Ibanez RG2550, RG920QM, SZ520QM
Amp: Marshall Haze 15, Eminence Man-O-War Speaker
Effects: Digitech RP250, DIY Keeley Mod DS-1, Jemini
Wait a compressor, or an attenuator?
I suppose a bump would be in order.
Anybody else got suggestions?
It depends on how they mount the speaker in the crate. My amp the speaker mounts to a flat piece of wood that has 4 screws in the corners. So its real easy to cut a new piece of wood for a 10" speaker. But its not going to solve your volume issue. 50 watts of tubes is just gonna be to much for home use without an attenuator. I have a 5 watt vjr and my wife says its to loud on the other side of the house with 2 doors shut between us and rugs hung on the wall to dampen the sound. If your not going to be gigging and need the big amp might be best to get rid of it. Use the money to get a small head unit then dig up a cab the 10" speaker will fit into.
Well see I most likely will be gigging, already did a company talent show and a friends little concert thing. There are some open mics in a couple places around the city I will probably start going to. As for the amp mounts, it mounts to the frame with however many screws are holding it there. Plus I have already bought a new 12" speaker, Eminence Man o war, to go into the Crate. That and my new pickups will be waiting for me to get home from work today.
get a cheap 1x10 car audio cab from: fry's,radioshack,walmart.us it as an ext for your crate.then you can always use it.or find a used 1x10 combo that needs a speaker swap off craigslist an viola!