Hey all, i recently acquired an 8 string bass (Dean) and found that the strings on it are dead. Normally i use rotos on all my basses, but im not sure if they make an 8 string set, the website for whatever reason will not scroll on my computer. So i was wondering if anyone had some insight on this, if they dont make an 8 string set can you recomend another company that does?

Also im talking about an octave set.
Seriously, f*ck off with the R.I.P Dimebag bullsh*t, you dont see the bass forums going R.I.P Jaco everytime some one mentions him!
Rotosound do make an 8 string set.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
acquired eh?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
i dont have a camera but its a dean rhapsody 8 string bass the neck is much wider than i am used to, it will take some time to break it in. its already quite fun though.
Seriously, f*ck off with the R.I.P Dimebag bullsh*t, you dont see the bass forums going R.I.P Jaco everytime some one mentions him!
Quote by Casketcreep
I've always been interested in how I would play an 8 string.
I have a rather aggressive finger picking style and I would be constantly worried about breaking the higher strings

The strings go eEaAdDgG, so the first string you hit is the normal bass string, meaning the octave string doesn't get as much of the brunt.
oh! oh! you should well mix up two sets; give it a set of flatwounds and a set of rounds!
that sounds retardedly cool, ill have to try that when i have more money.