If i adjust the intonation on my guitar while in.. say.. Drop B or B Standard, and then later re-tune my guitar up to Drop D or Standard, will i have to adjust the intonation again to match my tuning, or does it stay adjusted through changing of tunings?

Thanks in advance!
------
Guitars -
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Custom (Aged Ivory Bullseye)
Jackson DXMG Dinky

Amps etc. -
Line 6 Pod X3 Live w/ speaker system
Marshall MG15DFX Practice Amp
It should be fine
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
It should be fine

not really

the change in tension will affect the intonnation, how much depends on the quality of your guitar and the gauge of your strings.

its not recommended to drop and raise the tuning on your guitar that much, it puts strain on your neck.

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
'Should be fine'...yet if you use different gauge strings you might need to make a few adjustments.
In the Valley of Vung
Quote by Mr. Parker
'Should be fine'...yet if you use different gauge strings you might need to make a few adjustments.

Dont worry, i wont be changing my string brand or gauge anytime soon.
------
Guitars -
Jackson DXMG Dinky

Amps etc. -
Quote by Tyler Durden
not really

the change in tension will affect the intonnation, how much depends on the quality of your guitar and the gauge of your strings.

its not recommended to drop and raise the tuning on your guitar that much, it puts strain on your neck.

what he said...

dropping all the way to B, if you did not change strings they should have been very loose and your tuning stability should have been off...

and if you put heavy strings on to take up the slack of such a loose tuning, you risk damaging your guitar by tuning it back to Drop D or Standard. Believe me, i have both busted a nut AND warped a neck.
Quote by irongolem85
what he said...

dropping all the way to B, if you did not change strings they should have been very loose and your tuning stability should have been off...

and if you put heavy strings on to take up the slack of such a loose tuning, you risk damaging your guitar by tuning it back to Drop D or Standard. Believe me, i have both busted a nut AND warped a neck.

Exactly, use thinner strings in Drop B will not play well and be loose. To drop it that much you really need a thicker string gauge then you would usually use for standard. Just my advice.
In the Valley of Vung
Quote by Mr. Parker
Exactly, use thinner strings in Drop B will not play well and be loose. To drop it that much you really need a thicker string gauge then you would usually use for standard. Just my advice.

I use Super Slinks, They perform pretty well in Drop B.

Also, my guitars got Floyd Rose, which is the reason im asking this question; because it takes forever to retune and set up. I switch tunings a whole lot for different bands (Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive etc)
------
Guitars -
Jackson DXMG Dinky

Amps etc. -
Ah, well you're partially fixing the tension problem if you have a floating trem. Since you have to adjust the tension it has in the springs to match the strings whenever change the tuning. If i have my sh*t straight, you wouldn't experience a tuning instability issue as long as you set up your trem correctly every time you changed tunings. But you could still damage your neck or have intonation issues...I think...heh.
Quote by irongolem85
Ah, well you're partially fixing the tension problem if you have a floating trem. Since you have to adjust the tension it has in the springs to match the strings whenever change the tuning. If i have my sh*t straight, you wouldn't experience a tuning instability issue as long as you set up your trem correctly every time you changed tunings. But you could still damage your neck or have intonation issues...I think...heh.

Dont worry, i spent upwards of 30 minutes getting the bridge perfect whenever i switch tunings.
------
Guitars -
Jackson DXMG Dinky

Amps etc. -
hm. well I would just be careful then. If you don't have any problems, then it's cool, lol.
If you need the accuracy on the intonation then yes, it would be advisable to adjust your saddle and intonate your guitar. If you're just playing around for fun at home then it should be good enough. Standard B is quite different from Standard.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.