this was in a slipknot song and idk how the hell to play this lol. would i like pinch both strings? help. i been playing over a year, but havent really used on of these. this is an piece of a slipknot song.

----------------------------------|
--14--14\12--12\7--7\5--7--|
--12--12\10--10\5--5\3--5--|

so hows it played?
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
You have guitars like these and don't know how to do that? Dayum..
You mute the string in the middle and play it like normal powerchords.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Thats Dead Memories! What i would do is still use the pick to play the lower note but use something like your middle finger to play the other string.
fret the low string with your first finger, higher string with your third, and play it like a chord, just don't fret the string inbetween.
I'd normally use my ring / pinky for each note on the G string, and use my middle finger to mute the D string. I find that in these "octave" chords, a muted middle string is normally implied, but not tabbed.
I do believe that you would fret both strings, and make sure you dampen the string in between so it doesn't ring, then all you would do is slide up and down.
-If this is improper then hoppfuly someone will correct me. But I'm pretty sure that is how it would be done.
They're octave chords, not too difficult. Ideally, you mute the string between the notes, in this case, the D string (or whatever string is relative to that in a lower tuning, since you probably tune down for Slipknot). So just try to mute the string between them and just play those notes. You'll notice that the notes in each chord are octaves of each other, so it's just that note, and another note in a higher range.
Where is Dirk Lance?
ah ok. and yeah i have guitars like those because i can handle just about anything else you throw at me.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Put your index on the A string, your middle on the D string lightly to mute it and then your ring on the G string and slide away. At least that's how I'd do it.
You gotta put your faith in a loud guitar.
Oh, before i forget (see what I did there?), be careful when muting that string when around the 12th and 7th fret. Damn natural harmonics will mess that nice sound up : P
aaight. thanks yall =D
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10