Page 1 of 2
Ok so im looking for some DVD's about metalbands. documentrys, behind the scenes, making of's, anything. List some bands that have em so i can check em out.
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Opeth: laminations
Metallica: Some Kind of monster
The cliched "rig" Signature:

ESP LTD EC-1000VBL (EMG-ed)
Dean Cadillac SilverBurst Left-handed
Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
Headbanger's Journey is good
Roundhouse Tapes is glorious
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Lamb of God - Killadelphia and Killswitch Engage - (Set This) World Ablaze are both very good.
Cannibal Corpse - Centuries of Torment ftw
Children of Bodom - Chaos Ridden Years also includes a documentary
ceci n'est pas un guitariste.
My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade Is Dead

:P
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
Quote by Bullet_Fan
lamb of gods sacrament dvd

Fail
Quote by Keskimaki
Lamb of God - Killadelphia and Killswitch Engage - (Set This) World Ablaze are both very good.

Double fail

Centuries of Torment is by far the best documentary of any band I have ever seen. The live stuff is great too.

Vaders live DVD is damn good quality as well.
Candlemass- 20th year anniversary, because it's the only time Lanqvist perfromed live, and what a performance it was!
Headbanger's Journey and Global Metal are fun if you have very basic knowledge of metal. The first is just basic information and a couple of good interviews(including the famous Gaahl one), and the latter is fairly informative about a few metal scenes around the world. They make for decent watching.
Until the Light Takes Us is a very good doc, but there's no word on a DVD release yet. Probably in a few months.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The Enemy of Virtue DVD is the best. You get to see Paul Ledney's penis!
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
The Misanthrope, made by Nocturno Culto of Darkthrone.

Also, the VBS.tv documentary of True Norwegian Black Metal, discussing the story of Gorgoroth, and interviewing the life of Gaahl. It was great, and kept me interested for the full hour or so (can't remember the full running time). Even though I had tons of previous Gorgoroth knowledge, it's good to see the facts from the person himself. However, I read on the documentary's wiki, that a number of facts (mostly personal) were striated or even false.

There are plenty of videos, documentaries, and films, but I think the ones centered on Black Metal are the most interesting, being that they cover more than just music and live experiences/footage.
Great documentary, Powerslave. I'm still watching it, and I find it the only TRUE basis. I get tired of narrators telling all the facts. And I didn't know much about Venom disliking the Norwegian scene. =D
"The inner-demon awoke in me!"

I'm watching this now, pretty good actually.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
"The inner-demon awoke in me!"

I'm watching this now, pretty good actually.

Abbath makes the most hilarious face when he says that... Or some other time in the first minute or so you see him.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Gloomy Grim...

And, I'm glad Cronos said what he said at the last minute of Part 2. It made me gain a bit more respect.

GOREDIT: the guy with black ear thing in front of the Venom poster. I swear I've heard and seen him before. He sounds so fukkin' familiar that I hope he isn't in a band I've been listening to for years or something

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Feb 24, 2009,
The Gloomy Grim guy seriously sounds retarded. What did Cronos say in the last minute? And why didn't you respect him already!?
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Colors_LIVE - between the buried and me fo shoooooo
65 minutes of colors played nonstop - 5 minute break - 50 minute 2nd set.
In the beginning of the docu. he had said he didn't really believe in black metal as black metal. But, he said that bands like Burzum or Mayhem are where it's at, adn they are create music that inspires kids to write black metal is a cool thing.

In summary

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
In the beginning of the docu. he had said he didn't really believe in black metal as black metal. But, he said that bands like Burzum or Mayhem are where it's at, adn they are create music that inspires kids to write black metal is a cool thing.

In summary

*narrows eyes* You win this round...
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
*narrows eyes* You win this round...

No U?

Quote by eggsandham2
I just lost a lot of respect for you...
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Well, Venom doesn't deserve all the credit. They invented the name, but the style comes from multiple bands. I would've liked to see more Celtic Frost or Sarcofago interviewed, that way the viewer gets more of an origin aspect, rather than just Venom who has a bit of a self-opinionated view (not that they don't deserve to).

And bands like Mayhem, Burzum, and Old Funeral brought that transition to the modern, so they should be respected by Cronos. Besides, Cronos is being honored by this huge scene that Venom created. Could use a bit more appreciation. ^_^
Quote by MetalMessiah665
I just lost a lot of respect for you...

*thumbs up*

Quote by eggsandham2
And I just gained most of it back
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
And I just gained most of it back

Khronos est appeased.

?

Yes, me too.

Quote by eggsandham2
I'm halfway through the documentary that Powerslave posted.... youtube just broke on me though

I haven't seen this one before, it's pretty nice, and bands from everywhere is nice too. lol @ cutting out the Russian guy because he's boring (Korova/Korovakill suck ass too, so no loss ) Mortiis is a cool guy.
Mortiis is probably the most intelligent guy being interviewed in that whole documentary. The documentary makes Grutle looks like he really hates most of BM.
The French guy is intelligent, but kind of difficult to understand.

King ov Hell annoyed me throughout the entire fakking thing.

GOREDIT:

Interviewer - What do you think of bands like Cradle of Filth as black metal?

Cronos - Nah, they're called...crap!

That is the definition of defeat.

Quote by eggsandham2
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Feb 24, 2009,
Heh. Well, CoF has already been disgraced by multiple Black Metal musicians, including Darkthrone.

And I respect Gorgoroth's views (both sides) fully, but I just don't like that King has to speak for all of Black Metal. I truly honor that they do it more for their message, but some bands don't, and so saying some of those statements in such generality is a bit false.
I'm an Infernus guy.

But, that aside, King is just...uggh. I think the views and idealogies of black metal are extremely important, but I was never even close to believing that they were the most important thing about black metal. Which is why I'm also a Euronymous guy.

Quote by eggsandham2
Its a good documentary, but the majoritys view on Death Metal is pretty weak. I guess I should have expected Black Metal elitism coming from a Black Metal documentary right lol
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
They're talking about bands like Obituary and the LATER Florida death metal scene where they played death metal to sit on their asses with cash pouring in from the "new fad".

But, whatever.

Quote by eggsandham2
Page 1 of 2