The title pretty much sums it up.
I'm not sure if I'm looking for classic marshall tone or versitality.
Just please throw your suggestions at me.

I like all different kinds of music from the white stripes to rage against the machine to taking back sunday to smashing pumpkins.

I definately want a good overdrive/lead channel, and obviously nice cleans too.

Doesn't need to have 3 channels, 2 is enough.

Please give me suggestions I'm looking to buy used for about $700 MAX.
I know the price range is rough but I'm looking to find an amp and I'm just trying to do homework.

So far I've found a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 122 with 2 different speakers...a Marshall Celestion and a Heritage...I'm assuming they don't come from the factory with two different speakers, correct? I searched but couldn't find out what speakers they came with.

I've also found a Marshall JCM 900 Combo

Finally there's also a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 602 Combo.

So please recommend me the best marshall all tube 2X12 combo that I can find, and compare the JCM 2000 TSL 122, with the JCM 2000 TSL 602, with the JCM 900.

Thanks and give me your suggestions on marshall 2X12 tube combos. Thanks
out of the three you mentioned, the TSL is supposed to be the worst. my room mate has a DSL, and the tsl is supposed to be a fizzier version of that with an extra channel. the dsl is ok, modern sounding and i find it to be a bit harsh for me. the jcm900 is supposed to depend on which one you get. look up Gutch220's marshall chart for some comparisons. at a quick glance to that chart, out of the 900's the dual reverb looks like it might be best for you.
stay away from the 602, as having an eq for each channel on the tsl is better than sharing one between the crunch and lead channels. if it has come down to those 3, go with either the 122 or the 900
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by jimtaka
i recently played one of these and liked it... but it only has one channel so i'm not sure if it suits you

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-Vintage-Modern-2266-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=480772

Pretty solid amp, but pretty overpriced too. Pretty Marshall badge.

A used JCM800 would be the shiz.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Save up a couple of hundred more and buy a Bluesbreaker - the best 2x12 combo ever!
It has only one channel but why would you need more than that?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by al112987
Best 2x12 Marshall combo is the Bluesbreaker.

I was about to post that.......
Quote by Mike!
I was about to post that.......

Same. I love my JTM60 though.
Quote by Hultan
Save up a couple of hundred more and buy a Bluesbreaker - the best 2x12 combo ever!
It has only one channel but why would you need more than that?

2 channels!

Come on Hultan, you should know this

PS: It's me, DerekTheDominoe ( if you remember)
Quote by Mike!
2 channels!

Come on Hultan, you should know this

PS: It's me, DerekTheDominoe ( if you remember)

I'd eliminate that last line, if I were you.

Don't judge me.
^--- Mike! was the original account. DerekTheDominoe has already been permabanned
Quote by jimtaka
^--- Mike! was the original account. DerekTheDominoe has already been permabanned

oh.

Don't judge me.
ha ha funny. I have the TSL 122, aside from taking it to the shop a couple of times (got it used on ebay of course) for minor repairs like a burned out tube socket, some kind of wiring issue that wouldn't allow it to turn on at all, it's been a very good sounding amp. It does have several modes. 3 channels of course, but you can also adjust it to sound like a classic AC/DC style crunch to the nu-metal stuff. each channel has a tone shift and a deep switch.

With the lead channel on high gain, it's easy to get a really heavy sound. I wish i had some recordings of the different sounds. My other guitarist uses a Dual Rectifier trem-o-verb and these amps compliment each other. I can get a lot more low end than him but he still gets a higher gain than the marshall. Can't really describe it any more but I'll admit, his clean channel sounds tons better than mine. There's 21 knobs on the TSL and a crap ton of buttons that will allow you to get any variety of sound. Oh, and those who've had bad experiences with the foot switch, mine works perfectly. It's heavy duty and unless you chew on it or don't have respect for your own equipment, it will **** up on you.

Just remember to change the tubes with correct ones (el34 or KT-77 and ALWAYS bias it) I've gone through several sets but it's just like changing oil on a car, it's inevitable, easy to do on your own and definitely cheaper than taking it to some guitar center tech asswipe who'll charge god knows how much. I've had this thing since 2007 and the previous owner must have got it several years before. In time, i plan to get myself some kind of Orange 2x12 cab or a 1960 straight cab... hope this helps
dude...that pedal makes me want to curb stomp babies and eat your face.