Ok so im having a problem with my sweeps. I can't seem to clean up the sound from lifting off strings. Does the action of your strings matter? I have really low action and I was debating raising it up a bit in the hope of cleaning it up.
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
I think it would help, and besides, while low action does help play fast, its not necessary, Michael Angelo batio doesnt play with extremely low action, which I think is one reason why he can play so fast while keeping it clean sounding.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
not sure but try putting the pickups lower and higher as they give out different sounds at different heights. if theres no problem normally with the string action then you should be fine. finally amp settings?
BLUE
RED
YELLOW
It's more of a question of technique rather than hardware issues. Are you sure you're using your palm correctly to mute the unused strings? etc...

If you're doing all that, then it's just a stage you pass through, and with more practice, your sweeps will get cleaner and cleaner. Just make sure you do them on a regular basis for practice. Also, make sure your fingers are precise at the point they hit the string at. This means that your finger strikes ONLY the string you're intending to play (and you may use part of the same finger to mute adjacent strings), but the tip of your finger should only hit the note you want, and not the strings next to it by accident.
Quote by Sheepbane
Ok so im having a problem with my sweeps. I can't seem to clean up the sound from lifting off strings. Does the action of your strings matter? I have really low action and I was debating raising it up a bit in the hope of cleaning it up.

Sounds like you need to work on your muting technique more than anything else, check out Freepower's video on muting and get back to the shed.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.