Hi. I'm currently painting my acoustic and wanted to remove the bridge plate so I can sand off all of the old paint. dose anybody know how to remove the bridge plate and how difficult is it?
Thanks!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
anyone?
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
use your eyes.

... and a flashlight and a mirror.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
haha.... sorry for being such a noob.. I just didnt want to toally Fuc4 my guitar:P
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
The bridge plate is under the shoundboard so it should have anything to do with painting anything. If you actually mean the bridge plate then you need to cut a piece of steel that is the same shape as the guitar, heat it with a blowtorch until it is hot enough to make watter dance if you drip it on it, then reach inside the guitar, clamp it on the bridgeplate, and let it sit until it starts to cool, then do it a again. You will have to do this several times before you heat things enough to soften the glue but eventually you will want to reach inside with something like a frosting knife and try and pry the thing off. If it doesn't wanna come you need to keep heating it.

To get your bridge of the guitar you heat it from the outside with a heating blanket or iron. Typically you would want to protect the guitar body from the heat but you are going to destroy your guitar anyway when you paint it so there doesn't seem to be much of a need to protect anything.
Not taking any online orders.
i think he just means the bridge itself? Cause you don't even need to touch the bridge plate if you wanna sand it down, If you wanna remove the bridge you gotta heat up the glue and pry it off with a knife