I was playing a show with my band and we were doing one of our songs and I was slapping. Throughout the whole song my treble was going up and down. I think the tweeter on my 4x10 Cab was shutting on and off, but I have no idea why. It's working perfectly fine now. Was I playing too loud and the speaker protection thing on my amp just shut it off when it was was going to get damaged? I don't know, I'd just like to know what went wrong and how I can prevent it. Thanks for any help

Here's the video, listen for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGcVUxPGBqE&feature=channel_page
mine went like that last week, except it was distorting as well. sounded really trebly and then muddy, volume kept going up and down as well. its working fine now.
i thought it might have been the tweeter as well.

PS: you guys need to move around more, have more stage prescence. good music but ur singer doesnt look that comfortable up there specially during the guitar solo.
Last edited by jb_reborn at Feb 24, 2009,
I cant listen to the video but, was this sound only in the video or while actual playing that you could hear. Hmm, it shouldnt be clipping or anything, cause the cab can handle it. And i peavey heads stop that kind of thing with a protector or somehting.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
yea, your highs definitely went out. I suppose you might want to have some one look at your tweeter/horn/whatever you've got for your highs, there might be a problem with that, but honestly it seems like it was more of a connection issue, since it just all of a sudden cut out entirely.

You sure you didn't like step on a pedal or something like that?
Ko, hmm, it could be your tweeter crapping out. When i get a chance to listen ill know more.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Im sure it wasnt my pedal, though it did sometimes cut out in time which was kinda cool. The thing is if you watch the whole video, it turns off but then later it's back on, then turns off yet again.
It could be a dodgy speaker cable. Have you tryied a different one.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Does it have the DDT thing? I know when my Basic 40 kicks that in, the treble gets really loud...
Nope, no sig here.
i would imagine the treble would get louder when the ddt kicks in because the bass frequencies are much harder on speakers. maybe we have the problem backwards? maybe the loud part was the problem. I'd take it in to get it looked at of course though. the whole rig even.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu