I've been playing for almost 5 years now, and feel that it's time for a significant upgrade on my rig. So, while searching and trying to find an amp, I've struggled to find one that I can even mod to get that... thing... I'm looking for. Currently, I have a VK, and for the time I've had it, have been... eh... with it. I've done speaker swaps, retubed it, tried pedals, list goes on... It's just not what I'm wanting.

What I am wanting, however, is an amp (probably $1200 range) that has good cleans (I've got pickups for a more vintage clean tone), and has ballsy distortion to it. I'm a fan of American voiced amps, and almost something easily portable. And has definition. The VK was just too fuzzy, too trebly (to my ears at least), and seemingly unpredictable the older it got. Single channel amps are amazing for the clean, I just have trouble getting that dirt out of it I want. And then lead tones become that much harder. So, I come to you, UG'ers, for recommendations. Thanks for the help!
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
Theres not a hell of a lot of amps that has amazing cleans and balls to the wall metal tones although you can get a decent clean. I'd look at the peavey 3120. Don't think bad about peavey because you got the valveking. The valveking is one of the worst amps I've ever heard but peavey makes some great amps in their higher end amps. The 3120 is going for 999 and has pretty good cleans. If you want killer distortion though the 6505 is really nice and I get a good clean out of mine. Need a reverb pedal on it that's about it.
Which line of Randall amps?
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
The RG series, specifically the RG75D. Comes with 16 built in effects. 75 amp with killer sound and around a 600 price tag taxes in
Mesa

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I'll agree with the guy who suggested the Peavey 3120. Played one at a local shop last weekend. I was impressed. It's the best peavey i've ever heard.
I think the local GC has a 3120... I'll have to check it out.
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B