hey,
I have a peavey xxx running through a mesa rectifier. i'm having problems wiht the effects loop. I have an ns-2 and tried running it through the effects loop and it didn't do anythign even when i set the pedal to mute. I'm running effects send to the input on the pedal then the out put of the pedal into the effects return on the head. can anyone help me?

also i was reading in the manual. the effects loop should not be used with any effects that increase signal gain. I plan on buying an ibanez ts-9. has anyone had any trouble running a ts-9 through their xxx effects loop?
noise suppressors usually sound best in the front of the amp (guitar->NS-2->amp). also, is the effects loop bypassed? do you have the footswitch for the amp? and when you get the TS-9, dont put it in the loop, keep it in the front
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Thanks man! Nah I don't have the footswitch I got it used, do you think the loop could be broken? Reason I'm asking is I'm building a rack and id prefer to run it through the effects loop and would like to keep everything nice and clean.
Quote by music's music
Thanks man! Nah I don't have the footswitch I got it used, do you think the loop could be broken? Reason I'm asking is I'm building a rack and id prefer to run it through the effects loop and would like to keep everything nice and clean.

im not really sure if its broken. on the back of the amp, is there some sort of FX loop level control? if so, mess around with it and see if it changes anything. keep in mind that noise supressors typically barely do anything in the effects loop though, so do you have any other effects we could test?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
not at the moment. Once I get my rack built the first thing ill have to test is a tuner and a sonic maximizer, then a wireless. But until then all I got is a noise suppressor, ill see if I can grab a buddies od pedal and play around with the effects levels. Thanks a lot man!
I'm pretty sure the XXX's effects loop needs to be activated with the footswitch in order to work.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION