I just bought a B.C Rich Mockingbird special. i has a 3 way switch. this is my first time with a 3 way switched guitar. what it seems that its a little strange to me is that when I'm using the bridge pickups and I move the nob for the neck pup seems that the sound changes. and the same when I'm using the neck pup and i move the nob for the bridge. its not a dramatic change like if moving the nob of the respective pup.
and when i turn the volume all the way down of any of the pup and i have the volume of the other to 10 theres still sound coming out.

thanks
Last edited by fEr_0h at Feb 24, 2009,
Three Way= 1(closet to the bridge) 2(both neck and bridge) 3(Neck)
sh.it, i didnt read the whole thing, my bad
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Last edited by Mad Mike 829 at Feb 24, 2009,
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
Yes it's normal. Alot of guitars with 3 way switches are wired like that. It is possible to rewire it so that it doesn't do that. It just depends on how the company wires it up.

thanks a lot I was thinking it was some error from the fabric. i was thinking on sending it back.
could you restate it with a little more clarity maybe? i kinda get what you're saying and i kinda don't.

if you have one pup at full volume and switch to another pup with zero volume, the sound should cut out completely. now if your knobs have shared volume/tone, then that could be why it's affecting both pups. this is why i always prefer the knob configuration of LPs/SGs, complete control of your sound.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
If you have one pup at full volume and switch to another pup with zero volume, the sound should cut out completely.

That's the way Gibson, Epiphone and some other companys wire their guitars, but the hot wire from the pickup can soldered to the first lug (on the left) or the center lug on the volume pot. One way will do what you said and the other is independent volumes like the TS said.