I was looking for a nice bluesy, warm neck pickup for my Godin Freeway Classic H-S-H configuration. Rock maple neck, body is maple with poplar wings. I have a JB I was thinking of putting in the bridge what would be a good combo. Or do think the JB is too hot and bright for this guitar. Play classic rock, Slash, Clapton, Hendrix
Would either an Alinico or 59 match well with the JB in the bridge.???
jb is gunna be insanely bright and brittle with a maple/poplar guitar. I'd suggest a duo of 59s.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
jb is gunna be insanely bright and brittle with a maple/poplar guitar. I'd suggest a duo of 59s.

id like to point out that this guitar has silver leaf maple, not maple in the body. i have this guitar and id say its pretty balanced tone wise. not too warm or too bright. kind of in the middle id say.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
id like to point out that this guitar has silver leaf maple, not maple in the body. i have this guitar and id say its pretty balanced tone wise. not too warm or too bright. kind of in the middle id say.
I agree. I had an EMG81 in the bridge of a Godin with the same body build, and it was much more balanced than the 81 would be in an alder guitar.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!