thnx!
What type of metal?

What amp do you have?

What is your budget?
Not taking any online orders.
type of metal
like as i lay dying/the devil wears prada
uh right now i have a line 6 i get alot of criticism for it but i like it lol
and my budget i have no clue curently but its for my bday so around like 300 to 500
Quote by PabloAstronaut
I want new pickups for my fender strat
a ****ty starter guitar but i kinda wanna make it better
so i was wondering if anyone can help me with getting new pickups
i need pick ups for more metal oriented guitar
thnx!
if it's a Fender, it isn't a ****ty starter guitar.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by PabloAstronaut
type of metal
like as i lay dying/the devil wears prada
uh right now i have a line 6 i get alot of criticism for it but i like it lol
and my budget i have no clue curently but its for my bday so around like 300 to 500

You won't find what you are looking for in a single coil pickup. Is your guitar routed so that it can take a humbucker in the bridge and/or the neck?
^you should try and find out. If you can put humbuckers in there the we may be able to help you out a bit more. You will never get the sound you are after with single coil sized pickups so if you can't get full size humbuckers you might want to look into a new guitar. If you are stuck with this one then I'd be looking at some of the medium output Lace, the lil' 59 by Duncan, or perhaps some Kinmanns or some EMG's but really, if are going to have $500 to spend I'd look into a different amp 1st and then look at pickups. After all, you have a schecter that you seem happy with. Why not make both guitars sound a lot better before attempting to make 1 sound better and perhaps not even having it work? This isn't some guy saying "your amp sucks" I'm just trying to look at the big picture.
TS: Do you mean Squier strat? That is a starter guitar although as SYK said a fender is not a starter guitar. How many beginners do you think have proper fenders or can actually afford one?

Also, your going to need a new amp, tube usually for best results...
yea i do need a new amp! lol but ok i should get a new amp first then look into the pickups thnx!
Quote by guitarcam123
TS: Do you mean Squier strat? That is a starter guitar although as SYK said a fender is not a starter guitar. How many beginners do you think have proper fenders or can actually afford one?

Also, your going to need a new amp, tube usually for best results...

A metal amp in the $300 to $500 range is going to want to be SS. I'd look at a cube 30, or line 6 flextone. I've also heard great things about the peavey vyper but never tried one myself.

If you are ok with the idea that the amp will fall apart in the 1st year unless you take it to a tech for repair while it's brand new the bugera makes some good sounding valve amps that are at the top end of your budget BUT they do have a lot of reliability issues so you might find that you spend a great deal on maintaining the thing.

Also, vox valvetronixs are good. Their newer high gain versions are not that great but the ones that are geared to classic rock are amazing, however, they are geared more to classic rock rather than metal.
I might add that the reason that we implore you to change your amp before your pickups not primarily the fact that your amp is bad, more the fact that it's not responsive enough to amplify the differrence in tone between different pickups.
I bought a squier bullet for a project guitar and put Texas style single coils in it, good sound. I think it was music123.com that had there own version of the original "texas" pickup. Check em out, they may have one for you, decent price also
No.
Single coils aren't what you're looking for, as was stated before.
I would look in to stacked coils or the mini-humbuckers that are made by seymour duncan. The JBJr and the Single-coil sized Screamin' Demon would be good.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
well since its not single coil
what should i do? lol.
i might ask my guitar teacher he is really good with this stuff
but if i have to wire it im ****ed hahaah
take the pickguard off and see how the guitar is routed first, then worry about other stuff. also, an epiphone Valve Junior might be good for you for an amp
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.