guitar>amp>lineout to another amp
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
preamp out is what you'd want to to.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
i dont ant to do it im just wondering,
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Does your first amp have two inputs? Because from what I understand you can run an instrument cable out of the second input on the first amp and into the input of the second amp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Does your first amp have two inputs? Because from what I understand you can run an instrument cable out of the second input on the first amp and into the input of the second amp.

it has 2, low gain and hi gain, in the back it has a line out to connect it to a PA system i guess, i was wondering what would happen if instead of a PA i connected it into another amp
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
If you're trying to do what i think, nothing. Ran a line from my guitar to my line 6 to marshall, nothing happens except a surprisingly pleasant mixture of sounds.
will it damage my bugera in any way?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
lin eout would probabaly be fine because it's headphone level volumes so it'd be similar to plugging your ipod in, although this does do damage at high volumes and dont even try it with valve amps
Quote by devit
it has 2, low gain and hi gain, in the back it has a line out to connect it to a PA system i guess, i was wondering what would happen if instead of a PA i connected it into another amp

That I have never tried and I probably wouldn't. If those two inputs are for the same channel then what I posted should work. If they are separate channels I'm not sure if it would or not. Someone made a thread about it recently and a few UGers chimed in. I didn't know you could do that until I read that thread. I think IbanezPsycho does this with a 6505+ head and a older PV Ultra head.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
It will work. Keep your input gain low. Line out is quite a few DB higher than instrument level, but nothing circuit threatening. If you have a low gain input on the second amp then use it.
I think a passive guitar signal is weaker than line level, but not by much.
i've chained SS amps, line /headphone out, into input.

if you do that, you need to run the smaller into the larger.

with tube amps there are plenty of ways to wreck the amp.

if you want them both, pick up a pedal and AB/y it. or use a splitter cable line out to both.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by BlackDog55
all it did when i tried it was play through the other amp

if you run the line out, it silences the speaker of the amp.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.